civic is smoking...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 1998 civic vtec-e
it had lack of power and it was smoking " white smoke not oil " so i took the head off and had it milled and replaced the gasket... i looked at the block surface and looked ok and even looked fine with a straight edge... anyway, i did a headgasket job on this thing and what do you know it still runs like shit and poors out white smoke?? i checked the spark plugs and they were good, i even replaced them thinking it might have fouled them out - "i know this doesnt make a car smoke but i did it". i did a compression test and i got 150-145-140-150 - can anybody think of anything?? i thought maybe a cracked cylinder but i dont have any water in my oil..... please if you have any input pass it on.....

Possible bad IAC leaking coolant into the intake manifold????
possible cracked head leaking coolant into intake side before the valves, causing good compression reading. . .

is it blowing smoke the whole time or just at high rpms? if it is at high rpms it could just be your intake manifold gasket

Back