1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civic lsvtec build

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by SlowHonda00, Oct 25, 2019.

1. SlowHonda00

SlowHonda00 New Member

I bought a 2000 civic ex with a vtec harness in it, I put my ls vtec build into the car and everything clipped right on besides the dizzy, as they are both Male connectors and won't clip in. Do I need to get a new dizzy? Order new connectors and wire them in? I was told the easiest fix was to spend 600 dollars from rywire on a new harness but there HAS to be a different route i can take. Thank you guys for your time!

2. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

You have a few possible situations. But I'm gonna guess the OBD is different between the dizzy plug and your harness. If you are sure the OBD of your harness (OBD1/2a/2b) then you can either find a jumper plug to accommodate the differences or buy the correct OBD dizzy. I'd look for the correct OBD dizzy for a GSR B18C1. But B16 ones should work too. I'm guessing you're OB2b

Edit: May be possible to get the right clip from a junkyard and re-pin. It would be cheapest way but would take some investigation and work.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted