Civic Motor Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IflewByU

Hey all,
I own a 90 civic HB. Planning on swapping out the 1.5 (4 speed) for something that will be simple to replace but increase horsepower. I'd like to get over 200-250 horse. The old motor is out and I have someone with a B16 readily available. I still need handling and performance in the corners but the torque and horsepower must be increased. Is this a good motor to go with? Anyone have recommendations for my model and year? I'm new to this motorswap stuff and could use some good input. Thanks in advance for any help.

A B16 is an excellent source for power, though some will argue that the B18a/b is a better base setup due to more torque. With both of these motors you will probably have to buy an engine mount kit, shift linkage kit and different axels( I belive from a 90-93 Integ, Guys?) But, I've also heard that the stock motor mounts will work fine, and you can use thelinkage/axels that come with the swap package. You will have to cut the hood to get clearance for the engine, a small sacrifice. If going vtec you will have to run 3 wires(Vtec solenoid, Knock sensor, oil pressure) to the ECU(not hard), and if your car is DPFI, you will have to convert to MPFI( Direct port fuel injection, Multiport fuel injection) Here is a link for the DPFI to MPFI Conversion.MPFI Conversion Hope this helps

90 means mount kit,modified shiftlinkage,axles (90-93 teg),and a lot of fun wiring if your car doesn't support MPFI already.This is for any B series.B16 in that chassis is fast,it's light.

Back