Civic motors 92-95

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

go with a hatch!!!! D16Z6 is a good motor too. I just put one in my CRX. Low compression, which paves the way for a future turbo!!! i don't think a 92-95 hatch comes with the z6 sohc vtec tho, but they should already be wired up for it like everybody else said. just need an ECU change. the Z6 is a cheap motor, easy to swap in, and cheap to modify. It also pumps out some descent power if you modify it right and have a light enough car.

Oh yea..... make sure when you buy a car, if you do want to go with the SOHC Z6, you can find it in the following models: 92-95 Civic Si/EX (4dr, and 2dr) and i think (correct me if I'm wrong) some del sol's come with them too, maybe the del sol S.

There was a 5th gen hatch with the z6, the si. And the del slo SI came with the z6.

djextremity, I am getting annoyed with ricers, if you have a problem with what I wrote pm me instead next time.

Originally posted by flippedcivic95@Jan 4 2003, 05:21 PM
YEA ALL OF THE EG SI'S WERE HATCH WITH THE Z6 BUT THE EX HAD ALL OF THE FEATURES EXCEPT LIKE THE REAR DISC BRAKES

Why do you type in all caps? Is your cap lock button stuck? Do you think that we cant read it unless you type in caps? <_<

I know that I like hatches because of the way the look compared to coupes, but is there really any other reason (I can only think of weight distribution and im not even sure bout that) that they are more sought after than coupes? :unsure:

Originally posted by preluderjs@Jan 5 2003, 05:16 AM
I know that I like hatches because of the way the look compared to coupes, but is there really any other reason (I can only think of weight distribution and im not even sure bout that) that they are more sought after than coupes? :unsure:

Well they are about a hundred pounds lighter than coupes give or take and handleing might be better (not positive) I just like the way they look plus around here you dont see many of them

Originally posted by preluderjs@Jan 5 2003, 11:16 AM

Couldn't have hauled my motor in a coupe.

Back