Civic needs new tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
Not sure what to get. My last two sets of shoes have been RT615s. Been really happy with them. Haven't had any issues with them in the wet. Excellent grip when its dry. Get like 30k out of a set usually. RT615k's are $384 shipped. Haven't gotten down to autocross in awhile which is why I was buying the tires originally.

The size is 195/60/14 btw. I'm rocking the Civic HX wheels still. Wish I had 15s because I would much prefer 50 series tires but I'm too cheap to pay the extra money for the new wheels and more expensive tires.

I'm not sure what I'm getting at here. I drive the Civic pretty hard in the corners still because its fun. If anyone has any recommendations that have similar handling characteristics and a similar price tag I would appreciate it.

Shameless post in the members lounge btw since no one has visited the tire page since March :p

moved back to the correct forum
the forum will not get new posts if people dont post in it ;)

back on topic

going to be hard to find that performance rating in that size
TireRack.com has nothing in that range
if you are willing to go 185/6014 they have the Direzza ZII but they are about $25 more per tire

that size does not lend itself to many options

How do you drive on those RT615s in the rain? I couldn't imagine daily driving those in washington.

I've never had any issues with them except in heavy rain :dunno: when I autocrossed with them on a wet day they had a surprising level of grip.

Back