civic or integra wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicsir

i have an 89 crx and i am going to put a second gen b16 in and i am going to covert to obd-1. and i am going to change all the wiring in side the cabin too. what would be better? 94 integra gsr or 93 civic si wiring. i know the civics wiring really well because of my civic. but i have never messed around with an acura's wiring. theres a big difference in price is why i ask.

just buy a conversion harness, or make one. It will be 100% easier. Neither is better or worse, it's all just wiring. The PGMFI.org wiki has the information on how to make a conversion harness, so you don't have to hack or switch out the wiring that is in your car.

ok,i just thought it would look cleaner with all the right plugs in the engine bay. i have plenty of time to work on it, i am rebuilding the whole car.

If you use all the right equipment, the plugs will be right. All you need to mod in the engine bay is plug for the obd1 distributor, and either mod your injector plugs, or buy obd0 injectors and resistor box, I have read that they work fine with obd1, but double check. Xenocron.com sells all you'll need, and it will be much easier than what you were contemplating.

To make it easy you will need an ECU adaptor, a subharness to connect the VTEC related wiring to the new ECU and to make it easy a distributor harness adaptor. You will also need to lose your resistor box if you want to use the obd1 injectors. If you need any help hit me up at the address in my signature

Back