civic/prelude swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mucus_relief

hey there, not sure where to post this so i picked here, ok here is my dilema right now, i have a 99 prelude automatic, paid for, body is in fairly good shape, only a couple of dings, but it needs new headlights and it really needs a new paint job, i got this car awhile back for a good price but im wanting a car for autoX/road courses etc, i really dont care for how the 5th gen ludes look, also just seem like its too long, but anyways i digress

i been doing some research, im looking to get a 92-00 civic(which ever i can get cheap and in good condition)...now my question is what should i do, im thinking of just parting out the lude, using the h22 for the civic, brakes, 5-lug conversion and so maybe some interrior bits and parts or would it be easier to just get a civic and buy a new engine and everything, im not sold on h22, but i got one with all the other stuff sitting here already, and the 5-lug and brake swap, i havent seen much diffenite info on how hard it is to do, anyways i need opinions

If you already have the Prelude, why not do an H22 swap? If you are able to get your hands on a hatch, that'd be a pretty quick car. It would also do pretty well in autocross with a solid suspension setup.

You should look into a Civic that is setup for manual, and buy a manual H22 tranny. I believe you'll need new mounts for the Civic, but everything else should just swap right over. Shift linkage, accessories, etc. You will also have any needed sensors/plugs at your dispense because you have the Prelude sitting right there. :)

I'd say get a hatch setup for MT, swap it over, nice suspension and call it a day.

yeah im gonna be putting a b-series tranny on the H22 if i do it, probbly a gs-r with some custom gearing, final drive and lsd, main thing thats gonna make it worth it is if i can do the 5-lug swap off the lude onto the civic, if i cant i think i can get 4k for the lude if i sell it then i can do whatever with the money, on the other hand if it can be done without alot of hassle i got alot of parts at my disposal and i can part out the rest of it for cash if i need too

Back