civic problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ernestoexpresso

i was driving my civic the other day with a d15 and i was trying to reach top speed the road only allowed me to hit 105 but when i got out of the car it smelled like rosted mashmellows and sometime just drving regular around town it will get a burn toast smell somtimes what can that be????

That smell is your worn out d15 telling you to stop driving like an asshole.

Most likely you are burning oil or coolant. Monitor the fluid levels, and look for blue, black, or white smoke out the back.

yup i agree with 99sidude, stop driving beating on the nearly dead d15 like an ass.

no need to be mean about it im sure when you were 16 and you just started drving you were curious about your car too

Ha ha ha! your 16 and driving at 105 mph?? ha ha wow I hope when you kill yourself you only kill yourself and not a family of 4 just trying to get a bite to eat.

If you want to drive fast take it to the track.

closed road my friend closed road the nearest track is 1 hour away
and its only 1/8 mile

Either some hose is leaking, or you are burning it. If you are burning coolant, that usually means your head gasket is blown or on it's way out. Just keep monitoring the coolant level. If the car starts to overheat and/or coolant and oil starts mixing, then you need to take care of it ASAP.

you can tell by looking at it. oil and water don't mix very well. to fix it you will likely have to change the head gasket. This isn't too tough on a d series.

Back