1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civic rear brake conversion

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by huckpaul, Sep 4, 2010.

1. huckpaul

huckpaul New Member

I want to upgrade my 93 civic coupe rear drums to disc. Someone will sell me the rear disc off a ls integra I was wondering will they fit my car. And also what do I need from the Integra meaning like any e brake cables or can I use my ex civic ebrake cables

Also he is selling them for a hundred bucks. Is that worth it

Just trying to figure out before I buy them and leave the integra what I need from him so I know and get it all at once.

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

yes
    get the brake lines and e-brake cables

im not sure if you will need the lines.... but you definitely need the cables

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I'm pretty sure you need the lines, although I went straight to stainless braided lines on my car so I never used the OE rubber ones. $100 is a steal.

4. tabKola

tabKola New Member

The drum brake lines end in a 10mm pipe fitting so it can't connect to the banjo fitting on the calipers, so, yeah get the brake lines and e-brake cables.

5. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

6. huckpaul

huckpaul New Member

i got the rear conversion brakes i got the e brake cables and the brake lines calipers and also i got the front calipers since i needed them he gave them to me for $100 bucks and my drum brakes so he can junk his car i wanted to know i bought rotors and pads for my civic but now i have front integra ls calipers will the pads and rotors still work

7. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

not the same pads

8. rossyrossb18a

rossyrossb18a New Member

everything from the integra is the same except maybe the pads.... the rear converision is really simple. i picked mine up for 45 a side complete. but i also went straight to stainless lines. they work nice. only thing you will need is a master cylinder from a 94 integra with a 1" bore... otherwise you will always have a low brake pedal like in my case....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted