Civic Recomended SHOCKS??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

momegao

HI!!! :lol:
I am new to the Forum. This is my first POST.

I have an Honda Civic 97 EX Coupe. I have the car with 17" rims and Lowered by 2.25" All around. I am searching online for good shocks, I know that Tokico are good, but maybe another brand that not affect to much my pocket and are still good. Also I am from Puerto Rico and the Roads here are very F@*(% up, ......you know...holes and everything.

Thinking on that I am looking for Good Shocks.
I want to know what is the big difference between the Tokico HP and the Illuminas, and don't say because they are ajustable, some other difference remarkable.

I was looking foward for buying the Tokico HP, but I am not sure if they are going to work perfectly on a car lowered by 2.25" like mine, because I have read about the shocks bumps and stuff. That things will damage very fast the shocks, and they are expensive.

Thanks for your patience and helping me answering me all that questions..........

Sorry for my bad english....haha...thanks!!!!!!!! ;)

Tokico hp's aren't bad but anything over a 2" drop their not really made for. If you want the tokicos i'd say go for illumina's. Personally, i'd go with koni yellows.
PEAS

My friend here has the HP's on his Ciic, I say it's pretty low, and we rode on the autobhn the other day, it was pretty smooth. Kind like the illuminas set on maybe four.

So yea the difference is the adjustability...

Here's his drop

s40827da835b73.jpg

Also there are a ton of other suspension options out there that are bad ass. JIC, Bilstein, KW, Koni Cuscos, the list goes on. I HIGHLY suggest something adjustable.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 2 2004, 09:18 PM
Also there are a ton of other suspension options out there that are bad ass. JIC, Bilstein, KW, Koni Cuscos, the list goes on. I HIGHLY suggest something adjustable.

:withstupid: illuminas are good for the price, if your running some real stiff springs like skunk2, id go with koni yellows

HI!!!
Here is a pic of my car. I don't know if you can notice well how much it is lowered, but as I said before is like 2.25". The civic HB that you show there is lowered like mine. The thing is how much maybe will last the tokico HP, if they will last for a good time or will not last very much. My car still has the OEM shocks, anyway don't matter which brand I use, I think that I will feel a difference.

Copy%20of%20DSC00308.JPG

Back