Civic shift light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

acurizo

I have a 97 civic and it has a factory shift light in the gauge cluster. Does anyone know how to make that light adjustable so that I dont have to buy one?

it does? i have a 97 lx and i never seen the light tell me where it is maybe i can see for you i have a helms manual and i can check it out for you

Originally posted by acurizo@Dec 11 2004, 01:13 AM
I have a 97 civic and it has a factory shift light in the gauge cluster. Does anyone know how to make that light adjustable so that I dont have to buy one?
[post=430348]Quoted post[/post]​

:eek:

its the econo shift thing....comes on at like 2300 rpm to help save gas lol....
youd need to find the wire for the light in the harness, and get a MSD rpm activated switch, and hook it up to that wire, so it'll activate it to whatever RPM pill you install.
I have no idea what wire though.

those things are ghey as stock i drove an s10 pickup for a rental it came on @ 2300 rpm and i was like im not even barly moving u pos

kinda wrong,
the stock one on the vx and cx are actually dependent on thr way i drive. It comes on at 2.5k but it will go away if i hit the gas a little harder. If i'm on the freeway and I'm in 3rd in the vx, so like 70 mph at 3k, it will come on but if i speed up to say 80 and sit there for 15 seconds it will come on again, it also comes on at redline.

yeah dude, 97 ex, no light, wtf? oh well, i just shift at 3k(economical) or redline when i feel like having fun. ;)

Back