civic si axle or transmission problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

poloboy4

ok i have a 00 civic si and im having problems with the car when i drive the car all of a sudden it shakes like the axle is broken or makes it stop i checked the boots and they r not ripped ... now i picked up the car and had it in neutral and i turned the tire and it locked into place back and forwards i could turn it still but it got harder then it went like normal could this be a axle problem or the lsd went out on the tranny? well the car has a b16a with the s4c tranny dohc vtec and the tranny is lsd (limited slip differential)

The car stops suddenly while you're driving? I'm guessing it's the transmission if you've already checked everything on the outside of it.

it dosent stop it like seems like it jams n goes but it will shake the whole car so i can be driving down the road and it move like when a guy learns how to first drive a manual car u know how it shakes when they pop the clutch... well that how it shakes.

Check the balance weights on the axles? They're not always there, and if they were they could have come loose or broken/dropped off. They look like large rings of rubber.

Oh yeah here's a link of a video I took spinning the wheel in te air and what it dose... The tranny seems to stop it ... Keep
in mind it's in nuetral

Yeah man- definitely something broken in the transmission. If it's a 2000 Si with an LSD, it has to be aftermarket or a JDM transmission- so it's already been messed with before. Crack that thing open.

my guess is a bad input shaft bearing, does it make any noise while driving? take it apart before you blow it to pieces

It's the original
transmission on the car vins match... So u think something is really bad?

If the VIN on the transmission matches the car, the LSD was definitely installed by someone else. The LSD itself could be bad, the installation could have been done incorrectly- there are a million problems- but I'm still betting that it's the LSD or at least something that went wrong inside the transmission that's causing your problem.

I will try and take it apart 2 Morrow.... It came factory LSD it a s4c on. Dohc vtec b16 motor I got a feeling it's the tranny... Cuz it seems to try and lockup outa nowere ... Anyother possibilitys?

Hmm. I didn't know that it was an option.

The only other thing I can think of is to really go over the areas around the hubs, axles and transmission output areas to see if there's anything easy to fix before you remove and tear apart the transmission.

I will try and remove the axles first and see if I notice anything ppl were telling me it could be like te throwout bearing got outa place and wants to catch on...

Back