civic si....engine choice?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tphan4

If you could have a EG honda civic si would you choose to build the Soch vtec or would you swap another engine in....keep in mind...low budget...

hmm, if i had an EG Civic, what would i do . . . . . . maybe i'd swap the motor.

Originally posted by tphan4@Sep 25 2003, 05:31 PM
If you could have a EG honda civic si would you choose to build the Soch vtec or would you swap another engine in....keep in mind...low budget...

Actually, if i were you, i would turbo your D16Z6. My car is a whole new animal now that i have a B16, but i would have had more power from a Greddy/Apexi turbo kit - for about the same price (kinda wish i had done that now).

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Sep 26 2003, 08:43 AM-->
@Sep 25 2003, 05:31 PM

Actually, if i were you, i would turbo your D16Z6. My car is a whole new animal now that i have a B16, but i would have had more power from a Greddy/Apexi turbo kit - for about the same price (kinda wish i had done that now).

:ditto:

I just got an EG Si too and have been pondering the same question. I've seen alot of H22, B16, B18's soo on a so forth, but i haven't really seen the all motor z6 guys. I know the z6 is pretty easy to get, and probably even easier to mod. Considering you don't have to worry about motor swapping and so forth. Turbo, now that's a very VERY interesting idea...but then reliabilty comes into play...You, like me, probably want a reliable car...something that'll last forever, but quick also.

I'm thinking about going all motor. I know it's a SOHC, but i know alot of guys that do have SOHC's that do times that are incredible. I know, some guys would argue that a swapped car would last just as long if modded right, but the idea or catch phrase here is "on a budget" ;) Otherwise, hell yeah i'd through in a B18C1 too! Good luck :thumbsup:

Tight on money, 2 things... Do minor mods and work your way up slowly... or save to do something major. I've heard of going with the sohc set up. Its your choice your car. If you are worried about reliability, then just don't over do it. Plain and simple. Going the turbo route, means you just don't over do it. But I'm sure you can get the power that you are looking for.

That is my 2 cents...l8s man

Back