civic si transmission help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16stalyun

hey everyone,

ive tried researching on this and got NO luck. i need my transmission rebuilt or a used one.
any advice on what i should do?

not sure where to find a good used one. or how much it "should" cost for a used one. i checked some local junk yards and they want like 1200$ and it has over 100k miles on it.

it hard to find them sometimes maybe ebay, i wouldnt pay over 500

any advice on what i should do?

Um...get your transmission rebuilt or buy a used one maybe? :shrug2: I don't see what's so difficult to understand here that it would require research...

Go get some quotes on a rebuild and then compare that to transmission prices. Call up some of the engine importing companies and ask if they have any B16 gearboxes. Just make sure it's a hydro tranny and not a cable one. Check E-Bay, Craigslist, local forums, etc....

Just buy a used one. Rebuilding those transaxles will cost you more.

true that.... i just rebuilt my gsr tranny and it cost me over $400 on just bearings n seals...( all OEM parts from dealer), plus a new type r diff that i got for it... if i knew i had to spend that much money i would had bought a type tranny from ebay....

Just buy a used one. Rebuilding those transaxles will cost you more.

Gear speed can get you a rebuilt tranny for about $750 plus shipping. I think it is worth spending money on a part you know is going to perform perfectly then taking the chance on a used tranny. If you get a used one it is probably just beat into the ground like every other b series tranny for sale. I dont know about you guys but I dont like doing work twice if I dont have to.

Back