Civic swap...help please!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lancemah

I got a 94 hatch with a d15b7. And pickd up a d16a6 engine (engine only) to swap in. Will the d15 tranny work? Do i need a new ecu? Or harness? Im pretty sure that the d16 is obd0 and the d15 is obd1. What does that mean? Im lost. Someone please help!!

Straight forward swap. Use the D15b7 engine harness fuel injectors, mounts brackets, and transmission on the D16a6. You can run either the B7 or A6 intake manifold but I would run the B7 throttle body. Obd0-1 is just the on board diaagnostics and all computer related. I cannot emphazize enough that Obd whatever doesnt make the engine what it is, meaning any 88-00 Honda sohc D series can be put in any 88-00 Civic chassis. Its the year of the car that determines the amount of work to be done.

88-91 Civic/Crx all Dseries are simple to swap Obd0 engine harness/injectors

92-95 Civic all Dseries are simple to swap Obd1 engine harness/injectors

96-00 Civic are a little more complex since Honda started putting the Crankshaft sensor on the block instead of the distributor. This means in order to put a 88-95 Dseries into a 96-00 chassis youll need swap the older oil pump for a Y7/Y8 one. Then youll have the proper spot to mount the CKP sensor on the engine. Like above you want to use the engine harness/injectors from the 96-00 as well.

You'll need a PM6 Ecu?

I had a D15B7 how come your swapping out for only an extra 6hp?
Blown motor?

And double check the o2 sensor is 4 wired on the D16/ECU, i'm not sure if it were different for that motor.

You'll need a PM6 Ecu?

I had a D15B7 how come your swapping out for only an extra 6hp?
Blown motor?

And double check the o2 sensor is 4 wired on the D16/ECU, i'm not sure if it were different for that motor.

Blind leading the blind...

Pm6 is Obd0 and wont go in a 94 civic, He needs to keep his Po6, he can always chip it and run a p28 basemap with vtec dissengaged.

I'm aware its a OBD0 ecu. changing the the entire harness will fix that issue.

Anyway just keep in mind lance that , all D series motor parts work on each other.

Last edited:
Back