Civic Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 94H22CivicHB@Jan 20 2003, 02:30 AM
Ill save for a year if I have too.

haha save for a year!!!!
If you wanted to do that, you can get a Integra Type R motor, or a GS-R motor. That'll give you the most torque and good HP overall!

If you wanted to do that, you can get a Integra Type R motor, or a GS-R motor. That'll give you the most torque and good HP overall!

I dont plan to start another debate....but gs-r or type-r does not have more hp or torque. And if you looked at the price differences between even a GS-R and and H22a you could take the $1000 you saved buy buying the H22a and invest in internals or other preformance altering parts and easly pass the GS-R/Type-R. Handling with the teg motors would be better, but an EG w/ and H22a doesnt handle "that" bad. Getting either even deeper...you have to look at what you plan to do down the road as well. If you plan to go forced induction then I would (personally opinion) go with the H22a for the obvious lower compression ratio. So all in the "overall!" of the Type R is over played. Wonderful motor by all means...but if you plan on getting your hands dirty and actually doing your own mods and learning something, then H22a is...and was...my choice.

P.S. I am an accord hater. And who cares about interior when my shit is all stripped anyways. I have no one to impress but myself and my time slip....

Originally posted by h22a4eg4me@Feb 3 2003, 10:06 AM
...between even a GS-R and and H22a you could take the $1000 you saved buy buying the H22a and invest in internals or other preformance altering parts and easly pass the GS-R/Type-R. ...

Or you could spend it on the parts to put it in a civic,and have the civic handle worth a shit.You will easily spend the extra $1000 dollars on suspension,axles,mounts,exhaust,etc...there is more to getting the motor in the car and having it running good than just a motor,tranny,and ecu.

As far as ease,price (overall) the GSR is a better street engine in a 5th gen.No it may not have quite the numbers a H22 does,but it's more than adeqaute in filling the spot of a powerful engine in a civic.

Now let this retarded thread die.

Originally posted by h22a4eg4me@Feb 3 2003, 04:06 AM

I dont plan to start another debate....but gs-r or type-r does not have more hp or torque. And if you looked at the price differences between even a GS-R and and H22a you could take the $1000 you saved buy buying the H22a and invest in internals or other preformance altering parts and easly pass the GS-R/Type-R. Handling with the teg motors would be better, but an EG w/ and H22a doesnt handle "that" bad. Getting either even deeper...you have to look at what you plan to do down the road as well. If you plan to go forced induction then I would (personally opinion) go with the H22a for the obvious lower compression ratio. So all in the "overall!" of the Type R is over played. Wonderful motor by all means...but if you plan on getting your hands dirty and actually doing your own mods and learning something, then H22a is...and was...my choice.

P.S. I am an accord hater. And who cares about interior when my shit is all stripped anyways. I have no one to impress but myself and my time slip....

the price difference is a worthless discussion because it costs MORE to put an h22 in a civic than any b-series

gsr = 3500 all said and done (yeah, you can find them down to 2900, but you need random parts)
h22 = 4000 all said and done. (yeah, you can find them for 2200, but you need mounts + 400, cable shift linkage conversion box (350) and again, the misc parts.
and if you need an obd1 p13 ecu, add 300.

accords suck... seen them run 17's all day at the track... piece of shit go tune your car and come back...

lumberg.jpg

Originally posted by civic_SI_hatch@Feb 4 2003, 02:33 PM
accords suck... seen them run 17's all day at the track... piece of shit go tune your car and come back...

Accords don't suck, they just weigh a lot.

Of course they aren't meant to be racecars, but neither are civics.

True, Civic's will woop on Accords all day with the same modifications, but an H22 Turbo powered accord is going to stomp on craptastic non-tuned civics. The only problem with accords is that they weigh a lot.

True if you're going to spend money, it would be cheaper to just get a Prelude with an H22 stock, over getting an accord and swapping.... but if a person already has an accord, h22's make nice, fast moving additions.

Don't judge people because you only know one kind of car.

It never ceases to amaze me on the amount of pictures that you guys pull out of your asses at the approprite times.

Back