1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civic TB problem

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Vincent Grimm, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Vincent Grimm

Vincent Grimm New Member

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can help me.

Lately I've been proving my Prelude driving friend that speed isn't only in BHP & Torque by astounding him through the corners in my 1.4 Civic (Fast corners for me but slow for him seeing as he has to brake)

The problem I'm having is that I can't have a front strut fitted because of the airbox in the way. I already have no rear seats, a rear strut and a lowering kit is on the way to show his fat prelude up some more through the curves.

Does anyone know the measurement for the throttlebody on a 1.4 EK Tornado?

I'm removing the airbox to put a 90 degree hose connector directly to the TB to connect to the cold air feed but need to know the size of the TB first.

And if anyone knows where I could get a 3-point brace it would be of great help too

Yours sincerely,

Vincent Grimm (who drives a 1.4 that can keep up with a 2.2 prelude on a mountain road)

2. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

passwordjdm.com has some nice 3-point solid tower bars. And TB size on the D-series I think its 55mm, but Im not sure.

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

some are 55mm.. some are 56mm.. personally i'd use a b16 throttle body.. its 60mm and will bolt right up

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted