civic tire width

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

he||raiser

I've got a 96 ex coupe with koni yellows and H&R Sport springs (about 1.5 to 1.75" drop). My rims are 16" x 7.5 inches wide with 205 45 R16 tires. My rims have a positive offset (not sure how much, but the spokes are flush with the outside of the rim - as positive as you can get?? =))

I think I'd like to try going with a 215 or 225 width tire. I know that wider doesn't always equal better grip, but my 205's don't give my rims much protection. In fact, the tires aren't even flush with the rim. Like the edge of the rim stick out a tiny bit. The rims are about 7 years old so they've got some curb rash. I've been searching for the maximum width of tire that I could put on and it seems like 6 to 8" is suggested for 225's. Do you guys think 215's or 225's would be better? I'd prefer not to have the tires ballooning over the edge of the rim.

thanks

Go and measure things out on your car. You can make tires that wide fit on an EK/EJ chassis, but it'll be pretty close. You'll most likely rub, especially dropped that low- unless you run a lot of negative camber.

Back