civic type r srs light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

patel989

hello everyone, im new to this forum (in the uk). has anyone ever come across this problem ? i bought a damaged type r & fixed it new pass/drivers airbag and airbag ecu and seatbelts replaced, i dont have belt buck pretensioners so didnt need to replace them and front sensors are ok. the prob is i took it to honda who carged £45 only to tell me that the light is still commin on and cant erase it. so looked at the tech manual (i bought on cd) and it said there was a pink wire from the dials to the airbag ecu (no pink wire) si i tried cuttiin them all one by one but still it wouldnt go out (put everything back how it was origionally connected though) i havent got any special tools and ive seen the SCS Service connector to the MES Plug version of erasing the memory but if honda have tried then it may not be any good. is ther any wire or anything that i can cut to get rid of the light (the dials and light on the dash are integraetd in a closed pcb so cant get to it)

any hlp would be appreciated uk989@hotmail.com

the only thing with the srs light is when its on the air bags wont come on. so just dont get into an accident even if you do you have seat belts

But ill ask my friend at honda his car did the sane thing for got how we turned the light off ill let you know though

? i have a civic 1998 d16 what can i do to make it faster? please help

HONDA4ME said:
? I have civic1998 d16 vtec what can i do to make it faster? please help

What the hell?? Anyway....

What was the trouble code that the dealer told you was stored in memory?

to Honda4me: feel free to start a new thread for questions, just click the new thread button. But to answer your question, we obviously will need more info. Have you already done the standard stuff, cold air intake, performance muffler, maybe a header? And how much faster? And how much moeny do you have to put into it?

holy off topic batman!

if the car was in a front end accident, and the airbags went off, so did all the pretensioners. the OPDS computer will also have to be replaced...

...skeeter...

Well skeeter the OPDS unit doesn't usually need to be replaced. Your right however that the pretensioners, or Seat Belts do have to be replaced, AND the buckle as well on the drivers side. If no one was in the passenger seat, those belts and buckles will not need to be replaced.

MX, ok. i was just speaking because the last car i did that came from our body shop (front end collision), needed everything, including the OPDS unit. at least thats what honda reccommended when i called for parts. but i guess they could be doing that just to be safe.

to the original poster, just start replacing things. start with the obvious (drivers side EVERYTHING), then recheck for codes and replace what throws codes. with the srs unit, if a code is being set for a part, there's no fixing it, just replace it. no need to be cheap on this and end up finding out during an accident that something still isnt fixed. better safe than sorry with air bags/seatbelts/etc...

...skeeter...

hello everyone, im new to this forum (in the uk). has anyone ever come across this problem ? i bought a damaged type r & fixed it new pass/drivers airbag and airbag ecu and seatbelts replaced, i dont have belt buck pretensioners so didnt need to replace them and front sensors are ok. the prob is i took it to honda who carged £45 only to tell me that the light is still commin on and cant erase it. so looked at the tech manual (i bought on cd) and it said there was a pink wire from the dials to the airbag ecu (no pink wire) si i tried cuttiin them all one by one but still it wouldnt go out (put everything back how it was origionally connected though) i havent got any special tools and ive seen the SCS Service connector to the MES Plug version of erasing the memory but if honda have tried then it may not be any good. is ther any wire or anything that i can cut to get rid of the light (the dials and light on the dash are integraetd in a closed pcb so cant get to it)

any hlp would be appreciated uk989@hotmail.com

You can reset the light, Its because you dissconected the seats from the harness. . .

Back