civic type r swap/ will supercharger fit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 5 2004, 12:39 PM-->
Originally posted by kylemarhx@Feb 5 2004, 06:29 PM
jinstuh
@Feb 5 2004, 05:16 AM
wow i cant believe how stupid people can be, its just another b series damnit. theres really no size differance so everything should fit if its for a b16

actually it wouldn't fit the same as if you had a b16. the CTR and all b18 blocks have a higher deck height so the s/c would sit a bit higher. smartass.

Wouldn't the supercharger sit int he same spot? The difference in deck height is noticable from the bottom, but the tops of the motors are in the same place in the bay. Only real difference would be using the right belt to reach.

haha, fine... you win. i was just tryin' to be a 'lil bitch. i was thinkin' that since the block was taller that it would put the head a bit higher, but i guess that would depend on where the mounts are :shrug2: .

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 5 2004, 12:43 PM
your = YOU'RE

refuckingtard....

and yea, i am not too bright...

but thats to boost-master ji, i know that POS SC's are a waste compared to turbos... get some real boost cock smoker...

:wtf: .

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 5 2004, 12:39 PM-->
Originally posted by kylemarhx@Feb 5 2004, 06:29 PM
jinstuh
@Feb 5 2004, 05:16 AM
wow i cant believe how stupid people can be, its just another b series damnit. theres really no size differance so everything should fit if its for a b16

actually it wouldn't fit the same as if you had a b16. the CTR and all b18 blocks have a higher deck height so the s/c would sit a bit higher. smartass.

Wouldn't the supercharger sit int he same spot? The difference in deck height is noticable from the bottom, but the tops of the motors are in the same place in the bay. Only real difference would be using the right belt to reach.

no, the motors are actually raised up a bit too. take the b16 vs b18c for example. use the same Hasport mounts for both. the b16 will not have any hood clearance issues, but with the b18c using the same mounts the engine hits the hood.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 5 2004, 12:43 PM
your = YOU'RE

refuckingtard....

and yea, i am not too bright...

but thats to boost-master ji, i know that POS SC's are a waste compared to turbos... get some real boost cock smoker...

who gives a fuck about how i spelled your. cock smoker huh thats a pretty good one how long did that take you to come up with. you obviously dont know much about fi but since you think you do tell me why it would be smart to turbo charge a type r motor if you dont have huge amounts of money to build it so it wont blow up with the high comp? even if you do build it right your wasting money in the first place on the type r motor if you plan to boost because of the mods you have to make.

lets hear what you have to say mr. smart guy

alright
lets say you're looking to boost a stock type r...

and lets say that you feel comfortable running 6 - 8 psi on the stock internals...

would you rather have that 6 or 8 psi from 2500 till redline, or would you rather have something draining HP that only achieves the full boost at redline...?

i would opt for the longer full boost...
you might have a little more lag, but its well worth it for the power curves as compared to a SC...

and your reply would be.....??????

EDIT
and can i also add... what about all the times that you dont need the boost, but the SC is still ramming all that air in the motor leading to undue stress...
where as the turbo can slack and thus save stress on the motor during non-boost times...

of the 4 people i have talked to that used superchargers on ITR engines NONE of them have been satisfied, or felt that it was worth the money

this can be debated forever go ahead and turbo charge a type r. personally i think its a waste to fi a type r anything.

e sol the turbo charged r's in my area have been very shitty so it goes both ways

well, thats something we can both agree on...

but i still think SC are a bullshit way to get forced induction...

and YOU'RE still gay...

nah, i just wanted you to feel fucking dumb for saying i'm not too bright when you had nothing to back up your bullshit SC theory...

ok children stop the fucking argueing or i will turn this fucking car around right now

ooh man, my moms threw that out one time... except more like don't make me stop this car...

and we were cruising at 80 on the thruway, no traffic around and she locked that shit up...

last time i didn't take her seriously... after i removed my face from the back of the drivers seat...

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Feb 5 2004, 06:46 PM-->
@Feb 5 2004, 12:39 PM

no, the motors are actually raised up a bit too. take the b16 vs b18c for example. use the same Hasport mounts for both. the b16 will not have any hood clearance issues, but with the b18c using the same mounts the engine hits the hood.

Interesting, I have never seen a B18 sit taller in a bay than my B16 which almost hits the ribs under the hood. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that you're maybe refering (if you are) to a EF/ED swap where the motor is repositioned slightly from its original spot?

the last thing I want to do is go boost. throwing 5g's out the window on a blown motor is not what I want to do. I wanted to go sc for the reliability. I talked to jackson racing and they said it would not fit and I would have to call another company that makes a mount kit for a civic so it would fit. I'd rather just go all motor.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 5 2004, 04:10 PM
Interesting, I have never seen a B18 sit taller in a bay than my B16 which almost hits the ribs under the hood. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that you're maybe refering (if you are) to a EF/ED swap where the motor is repositioned slightly from its original spot?

yes i used the crx as an example to show that it is taller. using the same mounts for the 2 different engines (b16 vs. b18c) the engine is taller. and in the crx's case, the b18c hits the hood. so the head is slightly higher. not a whole lot higher though.

Back