Civic VTi Intakes - Whats the Best Way !!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

coupe216

Hi to all State Side.. ;)

I have managed to find myself a 92' Civic VTi - B16A2 DOHC VTEC. After messing around with various Intakes, I now have a freeflow cone filter and a very cold air feed from the front bumper.

Since doing this my car does not feel as quick as it did before. I was wondering if I just need to be patient and wait for the ECU to catch up with the extra cold air or is there some thing else I could do ???

My current Intake method !!

cai.jpg

Should this be okay or should I change anything about it. I know I need to try and straighten the cold air feed so that it points directly onto the filter, this I will do tomorrow.

What setups are you guys using and what, in your mind is the best method.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Chris - United Kingdom.

For more pictures and Info on my Civic, Please goto: www.cambs-performance.co.uk and follow the Project Car link at the top... :shocked:

Your filter is still located in the engine bay, so even the cooler outside air being directed into the bay is being warmed by the ambient heated air inside. The pupose of the "cold air intake" is to seperate the filter away from the heat of the engine bay, so it is getting fresher cooler air.

i tried a setup almost exactly the same as that in my crx. the problem is that your intake needs to suck in CALM air. aftermarket cold air intakes are always tucked behind a bumper where there is calm air.

Your setup looks likes its decent and could work, i still say get a comptech icebox.

Milan

Back