CIVIC w/ B18a1 need A/C help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SMooTHn

I think i have all the lines... The car had A/C before... because the hard lines that go into the car are still there... I picked up the hard lines and receiver drier i think all i need now is the compressor... but I would like to know if anyone coiuld give me some pointers or maybe i missed something... also someone told me a d series compressor will work... I told him no but he swore up and down so now i need to know form the other experienced honda folks... thanks:D

on my b16 i used the d series compressor and the 2 bolts closest to the pulley lined up but the back two did not and if you need i just pulled all my a/c off my car so i have all the parts if you need them lmk
my car is a 93 dx w/ a b16a2 you did not say what year yours is
Nick

got pics? phietnam@gmail.com... If i cant find one I might take it off your hands... did you use a d-series or b-series belt... does it matter? how much you asking for the setup? im in northwest florida...

i will get pics tonight i used a b series belt
pm me with a offer i am in west tx
a/c was r12 and blew super cold
Nick

cool i would aprreciate pics... Also did you have to use a b-series tension pulley (not sure of the real name)? I guess you did if you had the b-series belt... but did the belt fit directly to the d-series compressor pulley?

ya i used the brachet tensioner and belt on mine belt fit great
what all of the a/c system do you want ?

I think I'll need the Compressor, bracket tensioner, fan and condenser... i hope thats all i need a local junkyard told me $45 for condenser, 35 for fan and 75 for compressor, havent gotten a price on the tensioner... he told me to call back tomorrow :( its gonna prolly cost me almost 200... well see tomorrow...

Last edited:
just the pulley and arm, if you could show me a pix of the stuff I could tell what I got and dont got and then we go from there... cuz i think im missing a hard line...

Last edited:

I need everyting highlighted in green... lol i know it crappy but all i have to work with at work is paint and gimp... but you should get the idea... i should have everything in crossed off in red... also what part number is on the bracket you have? cuz i might need the whole bracket, cuz i've been reading and they say i need a p54 (i think) stamp on my bracket from a del sol... well when you get me a pix we'll see...

man i really want to keep the bracket i have to keep the moter from shifting and shit but all you need is a b series bracket and 2 bolts line up hell it worked for me for a 1.5 yrs b4 i decided to go turbo and lighten it up

hey i can do150.00 shipped for everthing excpt the evaprtor core still have not pulled that yet
still trying to find my damn camera
nick

emilyandkalebs590.jpg

emilyandkalebs589.jpg

emilyandkalebs592.jpg

emilyandkalebs594.jpg

Nick

Last edited:
i will send you every thing under the hood (uncut wiring harness, all lines, compressor, and all bolts and brackets excpt the one that bolts derictly on the block for that price.)
Nick

you do have a PAYPAL account RIGHT? well it will probably be the end of the week til I can pay for it... (PAYDAY)... Lmk know if paypal is alright... thanks...

Back