Civic will not START what is wrong??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H22DelSol

I have a 90 Civic Sedan (4 door), It used to have a B16 in it, but I sold and i put the stock motor back in. The car has been sitting for about 7 months. I put the stock motor back in last night and hooked everything back up. You know when you put the key on and put it to the AUX postion, it starts beeping. Well it does not do that, so I thought the ECU fuse is blown. I check the one under the dash and it was fine and the one under hood. It seems like the ecu is not even plugged in. It just cranks and cranks.. No spuddering or anything.. What do you guys think it is. Also I tired my PR3 ecu and it still did the same thing. (So it is not the ECU). Let me know.

does it just click when you try to turn it over? do any of the accessories (ie the clock) come on when you turn the key to the 'on' position?

i know it seems really obvious, but maybe it's the battery?

Do the dash lights come on, check your grounds and such and please make sure the battery is hooked up properly.

could be the main relay - can you hear the fuel pump running? is the ground at the thermostat housing secure? crack open the fuel line and see if it is getting fuel?

Take the igniton switch apart, and clean the contacts....

Time, Age, Moisture, Ozone...will slightly corrode the contacts.

and also check the connections to and from the dizzy, and swap out the dizzy if you have one laying around.

what model is it, and what engine did you put in?

-joseph

im having the same problem with my 89 hatch it will crank but it wont fire. ive changed my plugs and wires, and the distributor cap had a hairline crack in it so i changed that. im out of ideas. its getting fuel because i can smell it when i try to start it. i think i have a fouled injector, but i really dont wanna dump money into this motor because i have a B16 sitting in the garage. although i do need a ride to and from work until i get time to put the new motor in.

Back