Civic Wiring harness?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

I have a '97 civic dx and bought a 96 ls motor. My question is, do I have to use the ls wiring harness or my civic harness? Also, any other wiring advice or problems I might run into would help. Thanx.

you can use the same harness but you might have to do some rewireing on for the ls motor. Like mine im tryin to swap a JDM b16 sir2 into my 98 civic hatch and if i use my civic harness on the b16, i would have to do rewireing on the vtec and some other stuff

Without having to convert to VTEC, the ls motor is easier to wire. I'ts best to know where the original wire plugged in. Do a bit of research, consult a manual & find some good pictures. Remember most wires are the same, & not all may need to be used. ECM ConnectorA- Fuel injection wires are the same. pin1 Inj4, 2 Inj3, etc... pin5, pin6, o2 sensors use different colored wires, but go in the same place as the old ones. You may need to pull the wire connectors & extend them to reach the cat. pin7 I know Civic EX uses it. pin8 VTS is unused VTEC solenoid valve. pin9 LG1, 10 PG1, 11 IGP1, &12 IACV should be the same. pin13, 14 are used by EK. pin15 to 25 should be the same. ECM ConnectorB for automatics. ECM ConnectorC- pin1, 2 CKFP are obd2 sensors that are the same for both motors. pin3 TDCP to 18 VSS are the same. pin19 is for auto.trans. The rest should be the same. ECM ConnectorD- pin1 TPS to 5 BKSW are the same. pin6 is the knock sensor used on EK. Now the engine side uses a different wire harness, so probably easiest using a conversion.

Ok, i have a 1996 civic DX ATX........... swaped in a D16Y8 with a 96-98 atx vtec engine harness off ebay.... problem is second O2 sensor is not hooked up. For the life of me cant find the wire Please help lots of time into this and only have one free wire anyways its a 2 wire connector.

Already done the IAVC or what ever its called. Also want to know what u know about a Vtec pressure sensor?

Back