clarification before i go ahead

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grlsk8co

rice-R-oni
so my b18b has 157,000 miles on it. I have done a lot of reading all over this site for the past couple of days, and decided that id rather go turbo then vtec. if i port and polish the head, and sleeve the block(is there a better alternative?) and then replace the valve train, cams, pistons, seals, would it be making it "new"? i guess im just afraid of putting all this money into an old motor, and seeing it crash and burn...money wise, maybe like 2-4k over time. Id also like to say thanks to pissedoffsol (sp?) for that extreme amount of effort and time he took to make that whole reference section...mad props haha.
thanks a lot guys.

Last edited:
Im also wondering what the necessary parts would be to just replace due to them being old. Like seals, gaskets, bearings, etc.

of course it is something that easy..haha..thanks a lot.

so ive been doing a lot of reading, mainly on team integra, trying to figure out things about displacement. and this is the thoughts going through my head:

bore the block to 84mm and sleeve
new LS crank
B17 rods
and the piston remains undecided (recommendations?)

so here is my dilema:
the b17 rods fit with no machining onto the b18b crank.
the b18b crank is needed to make the displacement of the motor 2.0L at 84mm bore.
with the piston that you (may) recommend, is it going to clear the deck height? as in...fit?

The equation they use
Engine Package : Swapping Parts For Power - Team Integra
about 3/4th's page down, doesnt seem to work out with this set up using the stock pistons...
help please?
suffering..haha.

what if i wanted to bore out to 87mm? i would have to get custom pistons and such right? where would i go about doing that?

87mm is a bit much- but I have a GSR block that's already sleeved and cut to 85.5mm if you're interested. Going to 86mm with new pistons would be a piece of cake.

Back