clean your damn bed!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
so ive decided that im going to redo my air setup in the bed of my truck (1995 Ford Ranger Splash for those that dont know). i have decided i want to mount as much of the air stuff under the bed as possible to kinda clean up the bed a little bit and so i can actually haul my stuff to car shows with no problem. heres what my bed setup looks like now:

Splash164.jpg

as stated, all that is gonna try and get moved under the bed.

after looking a little bit, i noticed that the bolts holding my compressor are VER loose...well the 2 left. the other 2 are gone. heres a pic:

Splash165.jpg

yeah, im glad im doing this now because anytime now that compressor is gonna go flying into my bed and possibly be gone forever.

ive also decided to label everything because if i dont, i will get confused as to what goes where...lol.

Splash166.jpg

friday im going to the Gauge Magazine store in Indy to pic up my new 5 gallon 8 port black tank since my chrome 5 gallon 4 port tank is rusting. saturday is when tear down begins!! ive got my buddy Phil coming to gimme a hand so he can give me ideas and pointers since im still kinda new at this. im going to try and paint the rear frame section too but we will see how that goes. id honestly like to since its rusting pretty bad under there. anyways, more pics to come soon!!

yeah i have a bed cover that i use.

i got my new air tank today along with a roll of teflon tape and some sanding discs for my die grinder. tomorrow morning i gotta run out to get 2 fittings and some 1/2" hex head plugs. then the fun begins after that :)

I still haven't uploaded those pics i took on my camera when Phil was here...

uh huh. the air tank is going where the gas tank was and the valves are going to be mounted on the tank. the compressor and the pressure switch (that grey box on the left on the bed) is gonna be mounted somewhere too. not sure yet. will figure out a place once i get the bed off to look around.

Are you gonna use a fuel cell or what are you doing for a gas tank?

I vote you keep all of the air stuff where it is, and put the gas tank back where it belongs. If its too low for that, put a fuel cell under there..

Back