Cleaning B16A3 Intake Manifold Tips NEEDED

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CAFROG

Honda Minion
VIP
I got a used B16A3 IM so I can attempt to BAR my car. I have a JDM B16A in it right now.
The IM I bought it dirty and you can tell they took a flat head screwdriver to it in order to take the gasket off.

I want to clean it. It came off a blown B16 and has shavings from the block in it plus all the grime from usage.
I know you can use Brake Cleaner and I figured I would use that and bottle brushes to clean it out.
Wondered if that was okay but I think I'm in the clear. I just dont want to leave contaminants inside the manifold.
I know a rag can be bad b/c pieces of cloth can be left behind

carb cleaner, let it sit.. rinse it out.. may take a few times.. place runners facing down so no water can sit... let it dry

yea.. i just used carb cleaner w/ the little straw.. and it basically came off from the force of the carb spray

Did it once and let it sit. Then I rinsed it out. Still drying and it's damp outside. I'll do round 2 tomorrow.

Ready to go just waiting on the injector seal kit I bought. Got the IM clean, a Hondata IM gasket, the Evap Purge Solenoid and a TB gasket.

well my info isnt good now but next time you can use aircraft stripper.just make sure theres no plastic on the mani..
its a great cleaner

Got it cleaned out and on with a Hondata gasket. Now VTEC kicks in like crazy......yo! I almost crashed through a building when it hit mach 2 down shifting into 3rd. Getting a new sticker next week and that should shed 1/2 sec off my 1/4mile time.

Thanks for all the help and advise.....yo

Back