cleaning wheels... how to??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok.. just wondering what i need to buy to remove what looks like oxidation on my 93 GSRs.. some sort of polish or something..

ok.. just wondering what i need to buy to remove what looks like oxidation on my 93 GSRs.. some sort of polish or something..

i just got some meguiars wheel cleaner and a green scrubby. they aren't polished are they? i think an sos pad would be ok to. i can't remember what those wheels look like.

Picture575.jpg

i picked up some of this stuff.. some guy that used on his Daytons recommended it..

oil1035605.gif

your rims are oxidized because somethin has eaten away the clear coat. you need to remove any oxidation then re paint them. You can have them sandblasted. Though this will screw up the bare metal. After a sandblast you can polish them to almost chrome then clear them.Anything you do should be followed by clearcoat or wtever you did will come back. Duplicolor makes a high temp clearcoat that does not require paint or primer to be there first

i love those rims i have them on my EK.
i would clean them up good and paint them with a high temp silver and a high temp clear.
but if you can clean them up and throw clear on them

i've been thinking about polishing the face on them

Back