Clearance Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
I mounted the TDO5H turbo to my B18B1 engine and found that the Waste gate is where the clutch slave cylinder goes. ANy suggestions on how to relocate it? Also the oil return line is going to pass perliously close to the downpipe, is this oK? Also any one have any pictures of a DSM sidemount intercooler, or an intercooler that would fit where the A/C condenser would normally go.

well, what mani are you using? you could flop the turbo over and have the compressor on the drivers side, as long as the oil return doesnt rub the pipe its fine. best place to mount the dsm sidemount on your car is in the spot the resonator went on your stock airbox system. it fits there perfectly and ive personally done 3 installs using them mounted there with good success. mounting the cooler where the a/c shit was puts it aweful close to the mani and exhauist, resulting in unwanted heat soak.

I modified the DSM manifold, I didn't really think about clearance when modifying it but considerind the few problems i have i am lucky. If i flop the turbo then it presents more problems like sticking out where the radiator should go. If i move the waste gate then i am set. i am thinking of making a braket to move it about three inches higher than it is now, does anyone think that this will disrupt its movement, it appears that it will not but i do not have any experience.

as long as it doesnt bind your set. some people end up mounting the pod to their block. just dont deviate too too much from the stock location or it will disrupt the stock psi seting

Back