clicking

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

capone9399

i havent been able to look up close at this but maybe someone might know...when Im slowing down my brakes make this clicking sound. Sounds like its comming from the drivers side.I looked at the rim and wheel and dont see anything out of the ordinary.it only makes this sound when im pressing on the brakes.any ideas? thanks

I see this a lot at work, did you recently get a brake job? because if you did then who ever did your brakes forgot to put the clips that hold your pads in place. So the clicking sound is your pads bouncing around in the caliper braket.

M

im voting CV also.

clicking would/should/could occur when slowing down, hard acceleration and sharp turns if you have a bad CV joint.

because it only happens when you brake, i'd have to agree with "dem134" the clips have to be there, otherwise at low speeds they will bounce around, if you haven't had a recent brake job, i'd say your rotor or pads being worn. i'd only say it would be cv if the the clicking was constant. good luck

CV axles only click when you are turning almost never in a straight line. thats why I did not mention it.

Car is broken. Discard and replace with new.

nah I dont think he had any thing with the brake pads done recently.. hmm

could it be a bad wheel bearing?
is the car shimmying (if that's a word) when u press the brakes while slowing down?

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Apr 21 2005, 07:07 PM
could it be a bad wheel bearing?
is the car shimmying (if that's a word) when u press the brakes while slowing down?
[post=489772]Quoted post[/post]​

no shimmys or shakes...only makes the sound from what i can tell when i brake.

got the tires rotated and an alignment before my trip to harrisburg.guy at the shop told me one of the castors is messed and that occured when the kid who had the car before me put the lowering springs on...says it will be like 400 to fix...all it does is the car pulls to the right at times and you have to manualy turn the wheel.i thought it was just the alignment but guess not....havent heard the clicking in awhile...

Back