Clifford alarm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Loil

Hi! Does anyone in here have a clifford matrix 2.5x alarm systerm? If so please give your inputs on this product. I am planning to get one for my integra and i want the best that are out there. Thanks! Oh yeah, i can get this system for $550 with installation, do your think this is a good deal? Please help, i need a alarm system asap.

there are many better than the rs2.5. 550 is way too much for that model and car i can get an rs3.5 and installed for that. however it is a very good alarm if installed properly.

differance

rs2.5 vs. 3.5 = remote start

im an installer of about 8 years go to a better place to get it there ripping you off.

also, can someone recommend another brand and model? thanks

The RS 3.5 is nice. Remote start, LCD, lock control, antigrind, domelight supervision, turbo timer, lots of options. I paid 260 + 20 for shipping off of Ebay.

There are a lot of wires to connect. I was able to do it over a few days, but in hindsight, I almost wish I would have paid someone. I did a good job, and everything works, but finding each wire, and knowing what to connect where takes a while to figure out. Definitely complicated.

The Rs 3.5 is for an automatic. i have a manual and it's illegal to have auto start. So, your think Viper is better?

Ok viper and clifford (RS2.5 and RS3.5 = Clifford) are the same thing they are both made by DEI. So saying Viper is better than the RS2.5 or RS3.5 is not true at all they just have differant names on the box. there are many other companies that DEI has bought out as well as other alarm that are made by them which are all great units. Check them out at http://www.DEI.com . Audiovox also makes a great alarm (oviously depending on the model). I do not recomend doing the self install thing. I have seen many installs where someones starter goes out, ecu needs replaced and more from a self installer not knowing what to do in certain situations. Something may work for a while but it might not after a while alarms are sometimes weird like that. One thing i will never tell anyone to do by themself is an alarm/remote start.

To answer the question about the price for the 2.5 I know when i sold them at Best Buy that i worked at it was about $350 installed, the RS3.5 was $450.

My understanding to the remote start on a manual it isnt illegal, just most places wont do it for insurance reasons. If someone was to leave it in gear and it was remote started the car would jump forward into whatever is in front of it. They are in turn liable. But maybe it is illegal but its possibe i have done it many times.

Now like i said I've been installing for about 8 years now, I'm First Class MECP certified (any real installer knows this means nothing because anyone can read a book but it sounds so good :D )

Back