climbers hooks?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a disco frog with an afro???

AFROgunso.jpg

or an str sway bar?

Correct. (-r).

Suspension techniques 22mm rear sway setup! Only comes in an almost-neon-green :(. Main brackets bolt up at the tow hook locations on both sides. Should take all that slop out of the rear end of the rex! Its a DX, so its going from nothing to a 22mm adjustable. Should make a world of difference.

Got the brackets in, but not the sway. Going to leave it off until I can do a before-after slalom video. Which will be a while, the b18 is sitting in front of the car waiting for the mounts & linkage to show up in the mail.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• sway1.jpg
    sway1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 108
  • sway2.jpg
    sway2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
well there will still be 2 hooks back there... you can still hang up the frog and alien :D

My ST sway bar is actually gray, but I have seen the green ones.

BTW; anyone else notice the guy having two subframe braces(the Beaks and the ASR)?

I liked this setup more than the subframe brace stuff.. The tow hook locations are very strong and already reinforced from the factory. The brackets are 1/4 inch steel, which is bad for weight, but good for strength.. I went the beaks brace route with my EG and it was ok, but it was bolted to flimsy sheet metal, which is still a weak link, and the brackets are aluminum which I didn't like..

In other news, I didn't know that the ST sway bar mounted to the shock bolts, so I blew an additonal $200+shipping on a pair of Skunk 2 LCAs. I guess they'll be up for sale pretty soon.

Last edited:
Dont sell them! You can still bolt them up to the Skunk2 LCAs. Just make sure the links are straight as possible though. With mine, I have an 88 LCA and they were bolted up to the stock holes.

If you think about it, being another 6 inches outboard, the sway will be stronger than it would be mounted in the factory location via leverage.. or the lack thereof on the control arm. Moving the mounting point inward would make the sway less effective. I am kinda bummed though, because the sway has 3 different adjustment settings, and so do the control arms, which would have given me a 9 way adjustable rear sway.. That is just awesome. But no, its only 3 way now.

And if I don't need the sk2 lcas, I'm going to sell them off.. not spending $200+ to lose 3 pounds. Tried to call and cancel the order but they are already in the mail. Ah well, you live you learn.

Last edited:
Back