clogged cat?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
Was on my home in the Integra, everything seemed normal for 20 minutes or so.... then the exhaust sounded quiet like it was stock for about 10sec before a stop sign.. took off and it sounded the same until about 100 feet out from the stop sign.. heard a pop and the exhaust note was back... looked in the mirror and there was a faint cloud of smoke. Drove the rest of the way home (about an hr) at 85 no problems.. idled like it always does

sure sounds that way

go take it out for a hell ride and blow the carbon out of it :D

You can take it off and check to see if it is clogged by looking through it at the sun. As you know, CA cats are nice and pricey.

Last edited:
Yea... being an '01 obd2b makes it even more expensive

It's a clean Integra. Few maintenence issues is better than a $600/month payment. Not many clean Integras in my area

Is there an aftermarket flex pipe? Those things have been known to swell up and make the inner diameter the size of a dime.

Stock as far as I know.. Just has some muffler from when Jen bought it... Been looking for a stock gsr/type r muffler for cheap

Looks like this may have been my problem.

11986506_1045490318794809_934215585132464485_n.jpg

The baffle that runs from the inlet to outlet broke off inside
That's what happened to my Trust (GReddy) muffler. It lasted 6-7 years. I loved that exhaust. It didn't clog but I heard it rattle around. I was broke in college and replaced it with a fart can....so horrible.

Picked up a 94 GSR muffler for $30 last night, not the slanted chrome tip like I wanted .. But its fixed and quiet now.... and I no longer have to hear Jen complain her car is too loud

Still has a throaty sound when u step on it from the k&n drop in

The muffler is a lot bigger than what was on there so I'll probably flat black the canister

Back