Clogged oil pump???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OBD0SiR

I have a jdm b16. When you first start it, it idles high to warm up as it should and sounds wonderful, but then after it heats up there is a horrible valve noise. I have recently adjusted the valves near perfectly (spent a long time makin sure they were on the money) and it has not stopped. Its not a consistant noise, as if it were just valve lash...its alittle bit random. But the kicker is, when i hit vtec the noise going away. I have not had a chance to check the oil pressure yet (due not not being able to find a sending unit to fit) but it sounds like it has low oil pressure to me. Could this be a clogged pump, or oil galleries? any other suggestions?

That is where I would start out at. As far as a sending unit go down to the local autozone or advance and get one of the manual sending units. Where they sell those at there are metric adapters to fit your b16.

So i got the sending unit hooked up and i am now even more confused. At idle the pressure is right around 35psi and normal driving it is around 75psi, but when i hit vtec it doesn't go up at all. I know vtec is engaging, but there is no raise in pressure. Any ideas?

well when your not in vtec the vtec rockers are just there nothing connecting them to anything if you had bad lmas that would cause your valve chatter.

Back