Close Call

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this shows how fucked up cops are...

it was last night i just met up with a friend from work, we were on the "strip" where everyone street races, well this huge amount of cars just went by me going the other direction, i was in the center lane, and he was in his new celica gts next to me. all of a sudden, with out his lights on... a cop flys around the group of cars into the turning lane then side swiping the celica, my friend went to the hospital. he is ok. but his car is totaled... and all the cop said that night was " u need to watch out for when we are doing our job trying to bust people".. i wanted to just kick his ass there..... since when could cops endanger innoicent people when trying to meet their numbers for the month?!?!? my friends lawyer is having a field day right now with the police department.. cause this isn't the only time something like this has happened...

that sucks about your friend.

but just some fyi

cops dont have "quotas" they have to meet, your friend was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and thats why its called an accident.

Originally posted by sisteve@Jun 27 2003, 01:49 PM

but just some fyi

cops dont have "quotas" they have to meet, your friend was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and thats why its called an accident.

Just fyi its bullshit if you think they don't have quotas that they're expected to reach. There's reasons that at the end of the month cops are having a field day pulling people over. They may not say it, just like they may not say that they profile...but they do and its expected.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Jun 27 2003, 11:07 AM-->
@Jun 27 2003, 01:49 PM

but just some fyi

Just fyi its bullshit if you think they don't have quotas that they're expected to reach. There's reasons that at the end of the month cops are having a field day pulling people over. They may not say it, just like they may not say that they profile...but they do and its expected.

not true, i used to be a criminal justice major. they do not have quotas.

Originally posted by B16+Jun 27 2003, 02:12 PM-->
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jun 27 2003, 11:07 AM
sisteve
@Jun 27 2003, 01:49 PM

but just some fyi

not true, i used to be a criminal justice major. they do not have quotas.

If you say so :unsure: :blink: :rolleyes:

...there's been police officers in the family, according to them its an unsaid quota thats expected.

Originally posted by sisteve@Jun 27 2003, 01:49 PM

but just some fyi

Just some FYI,

some police departments do have quotas, thats how they get funding. And it was the cops fault, not an accident. Thats like saying someone who goes out and shoots an AK into a city block randomly, is just getting into an "accident" when they shoot someone. and the person who is dead was "just in the wrong place at the wrong time"

that makes absolutely no sense since your analogy is putting a person INTENTIONALLY doing something compared to someone doign their job and by accident sideswiped another car. I would highly doubt the police officer intentionally hit the other vehicle.

And 99% of pd's dont have quotas, if they did, then all po's would be on the streets gettign everyone for every small infraction to gain more money.

edit* when you DO get a ticket, it gets paid to the state, not to the city or town.

thats a typical cop, basically saying "it wasn't my fault." i feel that the city's money should be spent in a better place, instead they spend it to pay cops to sit around on their asses all day and all night. they need to start doing their F'ing jobs and catch real criminals not just speeders. my stereo has been stolen three times and two of the times it was sitting ten feet away from the most bussy steets in the city, and every time they said "we don't have the funding to investigate the problem." and to top it off, the cop at my work said that he personnally gets talked to about 15 times a week about stolen stereos. so far this sh*t has cost me over a thousand dollars which was going into a swap.

and YES the DO have quotas, every weekend about 500 car go to the center of the city to "cruise"(drive back and forth looking for friends or people to talk to) a mile stretch of road and at the end of the month they have about 10 cops partolling A MILE of road and pulling people over for stupid sh*t like exessive noise, illegal lighting, and improper lane changing or because they are acting suspicious.

cops suck!

lol, if you keep getting your stereo stolen then WHY put another one it it. And do you think they are goign to pay a po who makes 30-100k a year to go investigate a stereo theft that costs 300 bucks? No, that is stupid, its a misdemeanor to top it off.

Im sure you wont be saying "cops Suck" when something happens to you, your family, your dog, your house and you actually need their help. Stop bitching and be thankful that you fkn live in a country that has the support of civilians that will come to our need when we need them and that uphold the law to the best of their abilities.

Steve, I'm telling you, my dad is in law enforcement. Quotas are being phased out now, but they MOST definitely exist, written or not.

And my analogy makes perfect sense, because what if the person shooting was trying to shoot a robbery suspect, and killed 3 innocents instead? It is irresponsibility and poor judgement. Not an accident. An "accident" is when there is an unforseen consequence or a random coincidence.

And just to make sure there is no confusion, I do appreciate the duty of a police officer. Unfortunately (assholes) or fortunately (understanding to circumstances) they are just people too.

Originally posted by sisteve@Jun 27 2003, 03:26 PM
lol, if you keep getting your stereo stolen then WHY put another one it it. And do you think they are goign to pay a po who makes 30-100k a year to go investigate a stereo theft that costs 300 bucks? No, that is stupid, its a misdemeanor to top it off.

like i said ONE cop said that he gets 15 or so of those a week. do the math, 200 time(cost af a decent stereo) times 15(amount of reports), times 4(weeks per month),times 12(months in a year) it comes up to $144000. and that is just ONE cop. i bet the overal public would be a little happier if the department could bring in what ONE cop gets reports about.

i swear you guys my know alot about swapping motors and getting power out af 4 cylinders but your math skills are lacking.

And my analogy makes perfect sense, because what if the person shooting was trying to shoot a robbery suspect, and killed 3 innocents instead?

yes but you my friend are contradicting yourself

An "accident" is when there is an unforseen consequence or a random coincidence.

How did the police officer or whom ever is shooting at this "suspect" know that he would shoot 3 innocent people? Thats right....................

AN UNFORSEEN CONSEQUENCE :)

i swear you guys my know alot about swapping motors and getting power out af 4 cylinders but your math skills are lacking.

our math skills are lacking? Actually I think yours are...your basing it off of 12 - 4 week months, when in reality, we all know that there are 52 weeks a year, so your math calculations are a weeeeeeeeeeeee bit off there bucko.

ef9civicgen4's EqUaTiOn = WRONG

SiSteve's Fo'shizzle equation = correctomundo!!!

$200 * 15 = $3,000

$3,000 * 52 = $156,000

If you are going to pwn someone, at least make sure you do it correctly next time :)

kthx

police department is just like the road and highway deparment. if the the high way department dont use all there money alotted for the year it goes down the next year so thats why in some areas the do work thats not needed to keep getting the same funding. if a ploice department dont bring in enough money from violations and fines there spending will go down. which efects spending on new police cars, new equipment and raises and how many police officers that are on duty.

Originally posted by sisteve@Jun 27 2003, 03:26 PM
Im sure you wont be saying "cops Suck" when something happens to you, your family, your dog, your house and you actually need their help. Stop bitching and be thankful that you fkn live in a country that has the support of civilians that will come to our need when we need them and that uphold the law to the best of their abilities.

:werd: :withstupid:

this was totally negligence on the cops part, do you know why? he didnt have his fuckin LIGHTS on!!!!! an officer without his lights on is, in my opinion, just another car on the road. i am sure everyone who sees flashing blue lights, gets out of the way, but this guy said the lights were not on...so the cop was just a dumb fuck who endangered another persons life and should be fined biiiiig time.

i think everything would be perfect if the only time a cop could pull you over was for reasons other than minor traffic infractions.....no speeding tickets, no participating in unlawful contests of speed, ect, ect. school zone speed limits should still stay in place however. :lol: :lol: imagine that one

A police cruiser cost about $35,000 all decked out police ready. The car pays for itself well within a year in traffic fines---predominately speeding.

And that's bull about the state getting the money. If a City Cop issues the citation, the city keeps the cash..if the County Sheriff, the county.. if its a State Trooper, the city/county (depending on if you're in the city limits) splits it w/ the state.

County/City judges are able to set their own fines for speeding and other traffic citations. Some smaller counties have astronomical speeding fines and then put Barney out where he knows out of town drivers are going to be driving through. Ever heard of a speed trap?

Quotas or not, a traffic cop is expected to raise revenue...that's their job. We paint it with a "protect and serve" brush and hope we don't get caught going 45 in the school zone 'cause we're late to work/school/date/whatever.

In the story that started this thread the idiot didn't have on his flashing lights. He owes the same duty to other drivers as everyone else. NO ONE has to yeild to a cop with a hard-on that is driving negligently but NOT displaying his lights. There is countless case law in every state about this. He & his emplyer are responsible for the damage the the car he sideswiped....period.

Getting them to pay for it is another matter in itself.

Back