Closed Deck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haccord141

What does a closed deck do compared to an open deck, and is a closed deck a good thing for a boosted h22a? thanks in advance for all the replies.

peace,

Jeff

open deck-head forms top of water jacket. closed deck, vice versa. closed deck is supposed to be stronger. yes its a good thing.

Closed deck is supposed to be better for boost. Open deck is supposed to flow coolant slightly better. However, under the strain of boost, a good water pump and radiator along with a closed deck would probably be better.

yeah but be careful because the close decked design in the early h22a's forced the walls between the cylinders to be very very thin and not ideal for a lot of boost

closed deck is slightly better than open deck, however both are great for boost. depends on your set up I guess. I myself am going for open deck on my other b16 block.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Jan 15 2004, 02:24 AM
yeah but be careful because the close decked design in the early h22a's forced the walls between the cylinders to be very very thin and not ideal for a lot of boost

i dont beleive that this statement is correct because in a closed deck you dont have the water jacket around the cylinder so therefor it makes for a thicker cylinder wall not thinner i pretty sure can someone back me on this statement

Back