1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closed Deck

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by haccord141, Dec 21, 2003.

1. haccord141

haccord141 Senior Member

What does a closed deck do compared to an open deck, and is a closed deck a good thing for a boosted h22a? thanks in advance for all the replies.

peace,

Jeff

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

open deck-head forms top of water jacket. closed deck, vice versa. closed deck is supposed to be stronger. yes its a good thing.

3. tab

tab Super Moderator

Closed deck is supposed to be better for boost. Open deck is supposed to flow coolant slightly better. However, under the strain of boost, a good water pump and radiator along with a closed deck would probably be better.

4. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

yeah but be careful because the close decked design in the early h22a's forced the walls between the cylinders to be very very thin and not ideal for a lot of boost

5. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

closed deck is slightly better than open deck, however both are great for boost. depends on your set up I guess. I myself am going for open deck on my other b16 block.

6. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

i dont beleive that this statement is correct because in a closed deck you dont have the water jacket around the cylinder so therefor it makes for a thicker cylinder wall not thinner i pretty sure can someone back me on this statement

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted