Closing tomorrow!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok, keep in mind I've already put about 12 hours of work into the house...

Here we go!

Standing at the sidewalk looking at the front;
MynewHome001.jpg

The Porch;
MynewHome002.jpg

Driveway from the garage to the highway;
MynewHome031.jpg

The kennel on the back of the garage;
MynewHome029.jpg

The garage looking at the back of the house from the alley;
MynewHome030.jpg

The garage looking toward the alley, that's all the carpet we ripped out in about 2 hours, Living, dining rooms and kitchen carpet is there along with the tack boards;
MynewHome024.jpg

Looking into the garage from the front (side) door;
MynewHome025.jpg

Looking back at the door I took the previous picture from;
MynewHome026.jpg

The workbench;
MynewHome028.jpg

The Oil pit. There's an oil can down there right now. It's probably about 6-7' deep;
MynewHome027.jpg

Next post will have more pictures of the main floor of the house!

looks good for a starter home typical guy takes 50 pics of garage and 2 of house

Living room;
MynewHome003.jpg

Stairs leading up;
MynewHome009.jpg

Dining room;
MynewHome004.jpg

Leading from the dining room to the kitchen;
MynewHome005.jpg

Looking towards the rear of the house, the tile is laying there but isn't pressed down, we wanted to get a feel of what it'd look like. We had it checkered but it really made my eyes hurt;
MynewHome006.jpg

Closer look at the tile;
MynewHome008.jpg

Other side of the kitchen, the half open door is the half bath. Those stairs lead down and to the landing for the back door;
MynewHome007.jpg

Next set will be the second floor.

haha 97! bleh!

The stairs going up;
MynewHome010.jpg

The landing while turning the corner;
MynewHome011.jpg

The main bathroom, carpet needs to GO, bad;
MynewHome012.jpg

Matt's bedroom;
MynewHome013.jpg

BDN's new bedroom;
MynewHome014.jpg

My bedroom;
MynewHome015.jpg

My second closet, also leads to the upper deck outside;
MynewHome016.jpg

Leading out to the deck;
MynewHome017.jpg

Looking down at my truck/the garage/alley;
MynewHome018.jpg

The next set will be going to the basement.

The stairs leading from the kitchen to the backdoor/downstairs (just infront of the 1/2 bath);
MynewHome019.jpg

The bottom of the stairs looking at the first part of the basement; there's a kitchenette on the left. The box to the right is the gas entrance to the house. To the right is the water entrance;
MynewHome020.jpg

This used to be a coal/wood burning room for the furnace. The previous owners had a tanning bed in it.;
MynewHome021.jpg

Furnace/washer & dryer room;
MynewHome022.jpg

Sump pump and utility sink;
MynewHome023.jpg

The carpet downstairs has to come out too, but I have to wait for my trash service to start (hopefully monday when my water service starts as well).

Anyway, there you have it. My new home.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures... the floors fucking rock.

Oh and don't fucking mention the date on my camera. resetting the date eats up battery life. Fuck that. I took these today on 3/2/07 & 4:30 pm .

What do you mean what were they thinking? About the shape of the walk through to the stairs?

What I want to know is why the hell is the thermostat THERE? That's right by the front door in a giant room with a draft. (for now, the front door is being replaced if I can find one at a decent price)

PcDonalds?

Sometimes you confuse the shit out of me.

nice place looks like it was a repo from the winterized pipes. im digging the real wood floors i would strip and refinish them i did the floor in my room and i couldnt be happier with it It wasnt to hard either dust rent sander and spend about 30 a room on urithane

Nice place...

You guys have some cheap taxes if you only pay $1000 for a year. I'm paying $1200 a half. Can't complain though. Awesome place, great area, and a decent mortgage :)

nice place looks like it was a repo from the winterized pipes. im digging the real wood floors i would strip and refinish them i did the floor in my room and i couldnt be happier with it It wasnt to hard either dust rent sander and spend about 30 a room on urithane

Yep thats exactly what I plan on doing. It's 35 a day to rent a sander from Menards, plus the cost of the paper and all that nice stuff. Then to finish the floors. There used to be floor vents from the original coal burner downstairs, and they moved the vents to the walls and put wood planks on the floor spots they covered up. I might get some vintage floor vent coverings to make it look a little nicer.

So far I've spent 200ish on the house, plus the house itself. lol

It's only going to get more and more, and I can't fuckin wait.

it looks like a P.... and the arch.... so, McDonalds :)

Ah. Well, that's how it was built, but I don't serve disgusting beef or nasty fries there.

i like it... nice house mang..

Thank ya. I think it was a great find, can't wait to keep working on it. Tomorrow all day FTW!!

Real nice house bro. Where is this again?

Man you got a steal.

That's a beautiful house. Needs some TLC in a few spots, but seriously, going to be beautiful down the road.

Back