Closing tomorrow!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nice house mang! what b was sayin though, it'd look better with that lower part not there and you see just the stairs, lke an open arch way instead of the P.

carpet in the bathroom?!!?! WTF, thats gotta smell gross.

Oh, and i dont see a truck anywhere in that picture ;)

CONGRATS MAN!!

carpet in the bathroom?!!?! WTF, thats gotta smell gross.

Oh, and i dont see a truck anywhere in that picture ;)

CONGRATS MAN!!

I dont see one either. That carpet must smell like ass

Congrats on the house, I wish houses were cheap around here.

The carpet does smell. the downstairs was horrible, i'm not really wanting to do the upstairs but it has to be done because it's just flat out horrible...

Anyway, I'm off I gotta go get some plastic wrap and staples at H.D.

H.D. is my new favorite store. haha

i'll do an update on this:

i went and helped James (2000Si) on the house today. we put plastic over the windows upstairs and a few on the windows on the main floor that needed it bad. that helped alot. it wasnt as drafty in there.

i pulled the carpet and padding up in the bathroom, the hallway and the stairs going up the stairs to the 2nd floor. man did that carpet smell aweful!! it had a bad cat piss odor to it..yuck! we also pulled the carpet tacking (not sure what else to call it) up around the walls as well as pull out a majority of the staples out that had held the carpet down in a few spots. it looks better than it did by a long shot. just needs some new tile in the bathroom and it will look tons better. we got all that done in a few hours time. we were quite pleased with what we done.

make sure that you block the vents off under the vent so that you dont get cold drafts from the basement.

? cold air generally sinks unless there is higher pressure in the basement than the upper floors.

But yeah, Brian worked his ass off taking out every single staple that held the padding to the tile.

There is an ugly green tile that was under the brown carpet in the green themed bathroom. (gross).

My dad is coming over to help me figure out the piping. I forgot to mention here that there is a giant hole in the kitchen ceiling below the bathtub on the second floor. Apparently a pipe burst/broke from the tub and they had to repair it but never got around to actually doing it.

Once I figure out what I need and how to do it, my piping will be complete just in time for my 2 pm appointment with the city to have my water utilities turned on. Then I should have the winterizing company come out to de-winterize the house. The next step is getting the gas turned on so I can heat up the house because I can't do the tile until it's at least 65 degrees.

Tuesday I'm going to rent that sander and take care of the floors in the family/dining/kitchen rooms as well.

I replaced the door lock on the garage and pulled up all the tack board for the carpet upstairs in the hallway. I still have to get the staples out and we'll probably sand upstairs as well for now, then I'll go get some rugs to cover up the hallway floors.

I went and bought myself a programmable 25 dollar thermostat and I'm going to work on moving it away from the front door tomorrow.

Still needs lots of work, obviously.

Oh and Brian and I are playing a game... it's called "Let's see how many times Brian can walk into the damn chandelier in the dining room" game.

I swear he hit his head on it about 10 times today. haha

lol yup. thats exactly why i ripped out this pos (pic 1) and put in this one (pic 2)

hit my head on it all the damn time.

Yeah, and it's already bunched up as far as it can go to the ceiling. When we move in my table will be directly under it so it won't matter. It's an ugly chandelier, EVENTUALLY I'll put some new lighting in.

I also need to get some throw rugs, one for the family room, one for the dining room, and some rugs for the hallway upstairs.

Yay for some updated pictures!!

Brian and my work upstairs in the hall/bathroom ripping out the carpet;
MynewHome042.jpg

MynewHome036.jpg

MynewHome033.jpg

Plastic over the windows;
MynewHome041.jpg

Now as for the piping I mentioned earlier, this is coming off the drain for the tub upstairs;
MynewHome038.jpg

MynewHome039.jpg

$15 bucks at Home Depot later;
MynewHome043.jpg

I still need to get some primer/cleaner on the PVC before I cement it into place, but it'll be set tomorrow once I get the caps off the damn cleaner.

Just think of it as a sort of... time capsule;
MynewHome047.jpg

What's left of my kitchen ceiling;
MynewHome037.jpg

:bo:

That's why I put all that shit under it.

what did you use to keep the plastic up? there is adhesive type that all you need is heat and it seals it up air tight..

what did you use to keep the plastic up? there is adhesive type that all you need is heat and it seals it up air tight..

Staples. $2 bucks at home depot, which I used with the T25 staple gun off my work truck.

I can turn that portion of the receipt into work and get my money back since I needed staples for work anyway. lol

Now there's even less of the higher ceiling left. I ripped the living shit out of that damn thing. Fucking mesh. I did so incase in the future I decide to replace the drain pipe going downstairs with a PVC pipe. But it's good to know where all my plumbing is anyway. It's all down the wall behind the cabinets right by the back stairs leading outside, but on the inside wall.

Looking good my friend.

Honestly I love the colors of the trim and door. They're very warm toned and I believe can work wonders with the rest of the house as time goes on.

thanks. Sometime this summer/next summer I plan on fixing up the walls and painting them.

I was thinking Colts blue? lol Maybe I'll save that for my room, and do a bright, warm color downstairs.

Back