Club Racing Weekend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMilan

Well I pitted again for my buddies race team, had a lot of fun at Homestead, Miami.

The track is super clean, really nice, and best of all we got to use the true concrete paddocks with cover. My buddy raced this weekend with the PBOC "porsche bmw owners club" and there were tons of nice Cup cars and some guy even brought out two nascars that he apparently collects.

so here are some pics.

Here is me in the white shirt kneeing down, and behind is "NorthShoreRacing" Porsche, the porsche was brand new, all with motec shit, you name it, it was super clean.
s3fe4a75b641a1.jpg

Here is me giving the ok, it was damn hot in Miami
s3fe4a703927e2.jpg

I am sure B and E will love this pic
s3fe4a7bc3a9a3.jpg

Close up of our EG hatch
s3fe4a7f6d1f7c.jpg

Some cup cars
s3fe4a834a3954.jpg

Some more cup cars and a 944, don't know what the mini nascar looking ride is but appearently its running a Hayabusa motor or some shit like that.
s3fe4a86a88b95.jpg

EG in action
s3fe4a8e361a9b.jpg

Large afro and pit for tire pressure adjustment
s3fe4a91c8b2aa.jpg

5 minute pit for refueling for the ENDURO "1hr run only" but fun, I got fuel spilt on me and got yelled at since I wasn't wearing fire protection - damn rookie LOL it was my first endure event.
s3fe4a97624a04.jpg

Another angle of the enduro stop.
s3fe4a97624a04.jpg

Here is the lady that yelled at my rookie mistake, also notice all the water on the ground. We spilt water all over Aaron "the driver" since it got hot as fuck running for an 1/2 hour.
s3fe4a9e8e57fe.jpg

Me, checking tire pressure. We ran first with 32psi cold and after about 10 laps the pressure went to 46psi!!!!, so we adjusted for 36psi hot for the final laps.
s3fe4aa3129845.jpg

all in all it was a fun weekend, meet a lot of new people, and we placed 17th among 36, and the pack was filled with cup cars, etc. We also got a trophy for the season, we placed 2nd in our R7 class for the PBOC>

enjoy the pics boys.

Milan

yeah had a blast, best part is that I am out there all day, food is paid for, transportation is paid for, and I get paid 100 a day to have fun pretty much.

and Aaron hooks me up with parts at cost, so I just bought a three spoke suede SPA steering wheel with a MOMO hub for 140 all together. good shit I must say.

sweet pics .... have you hit the road course yet or are you still just pitting????

sweet Bimmer pic :)

more pics of the 911 cup cars next time please :D

i would pay money just to see those cars in action, let alone wrench on them. i need to move NOTHING like that comes around here.

yeah, there were tons of cup cars to be honest, I had my girlfriend take those pics since I was working the event.

E - no track time as of yet, but the best thing to doing the track with what I am doing. I plan on ruuning soon though in the 240 but still need to upgrade my brakes and such.

hehe and your already in love with it ..... youll be damn near climaxing after 2 laps :lmao:

pack some tissues

s3fe4a703927e2.jpg

Uhmmm...your suposed to were them on both ears...they work better......

just messing with ya...hehe...

looks like fun.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Dec 20 2003, 06:37 PM
<--- jealous

:withstupid:

Where was that ladies fire protection suit? I dont see her all protected...you shoulda thrown some gas on her. :p

Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 21 2003, 03:23 AM
Where was that ladies fire protection suit? I dont see her all protected...you shoulda thrown some gas on her. :p

he doesnt have one either.... rules are a little looser at club events than pro events

and getting yelled at a little is FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better than prison time :)

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Dec 21 2003, 03:28 AM-->
revolution8k
@Dec 21 2003, 03:23 AM

he doesnt have one either.... rules are a little looser at club events than pro events

and getting yelled at a little is FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better than prison time :)

Yeah I know he didnt have one, thats what I'm saying, she's yelling at him yet she's wearing street clothes just like him...rules are rules...but shouldnt she be abiding by them just the same? But yeah...being yelled at is far better than prison time.

ahhh ok i just went back and re read ... i though she was yelling about the spilled water all over the ground.... thats also considered a pretty big safety risk

if you are on the other side "refueling" the car for teh enduro than you must wear a suit, and notice that there is another person with a suit that has a fire extinguisher. I actually got fuel spilled on me when I was getting pressure from the left rear tire, the lady jumped over the concrete rail and tapped me on the shoulder for safety reasons, it was my mistake :)

AJ - I know that I am supposed to wear it on both ears, but wearing the shit for like almost one full hour with the south florida heat and your ears literally catch on fire and they start to hurt :D

Back