Clueless

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ThatGuy4life

The Riced Sleeper
Alright guys I need some help here, left my girls house tonight on my way to work, drove about 30 miles stopped at the gas station to get gas, filled up the tank, went to start the car and nothing. accesories came on, i.e radio, dome light, but no click so I thought it might me the starter. Then I noticed that when I turn the key to acc. the panel lights are low as hell then when I turn the key to start they get even dimmer, so then I said it's the battery. So I got one of the girls that works at the station to bring her car around to give me a jump, hooked up the cables tried to start lights are panel lights are bright as normal, hear clicking,but still won't start.

So I think to myself if it's clicking it's not the starter, so the battery might just be drained. Called my girl had her come pick me up take me to my house to get my charger and then to work. Got to work hooked up battery to charger, but according to the charger the battery is good. Had a 90% charge and reading at 12.7 volts. Any suggestions on whaat may be the problem?

sounds like you need to rebuild or replace the solenoid on your starter, even though they make a click noise they can still be bad, or what might have happened,which probably not, your engine could have siezed up(cant turn over) and you trying to start the car drained your battary, idk would need more info

i would guess starter solenoid...i had an 89 sable that did the same thing and when i changed the solenoid, it popped right over.

It does sound like your starter solenoid. have you tried tapping on it? If it will start after you do then thats your problem. It could also be a bad connection at or near the battery/starter. good luck

check the ignition coil, when i first got my civic i had it about a week when i was driving home from work i stopped at a light and the car died when i tried to take off i thought i killed it but it wouldn't start back up. the ignition coil had gone out, also you might want to check the simple things like your fuses too.

if you can't even start the car that, to me, would indicate a bad starter solenoid... not a coil. when a coil goes bad you can usually start and drive the car for a short bit before it dies and doesn't start....anyway, yeah knock on it and have someone hold the key so it is cranking and you might be able to get it to start for long enough to go get a new solenoid. good luck, if you need any help installing it just ask!

Well i'm still clueless, while at work like I said I checked the battery and it said it was good then about 2 hours later I checked it again and it said it was at 70% so I let it charge took it off then checked again right away and it dropped back to 70% so I figured the battery was bad not holding the charge. Got off work that morning got one of my boys to bring another battery she started right up, drove about 10 miles and as soon as I stopped at a light she died again, so I pushed her into lotaburger's parking lot, and asked if they had a plug I could use to charge my battery which the girls there were nice enough to do. At this point I'm thinking alternator but then I asked my boy how long the battery has been sitting around, t owhich he said quite some time.

Anyways battery charged popped it back in car started drove to checker and had them test my alternator they said it was ok. Ha them check the other battery that wasn't holding the charge and they said that was ok to so I don't know. But car seems ok for now just keeps dying whenever I stop if I let the rpms drop, but I'm figuring fuel pump on that as it started doing this right after I put in the new injectors. So hopefully when the new pumo gets in next week this problem is solved

did you try cleaning tha battery cables and the ground? try pouring a mix of baking soda and water on the terminals

usually when electric fuel pumps go bad they stop working all together, so if it were your pump, your car wouldn't even run(may save ya a little money to know that)..you may just have an electrical problem, did you check your alternator regulator?

this happened to me once.. i was on my way back from the beach, stopped in another beach town to eat and my car wouldnt start when i got back to it.. i got someone to jump it and it just clicked.. the water in my battery was gone completely .. it may not be the same thing but its something to check

this happened to me once.. i was on my way back from the beach, stopped in another beach town to eat and my car wouldnt start when i got back to it.. i got someone to jump it and it just clicked.. the water in my battery was gone completely .. it may not be the same thing but its something to check
Welcome back buddy

aren't car batteries wet cell? if it was dry that isn't good...

aren't car batteries wet cell? if it was dry that isn't good...

i'm thinking the reason mine was dry is because we had a terrible heatwave here and i think the heat dried up the water in my battery.. after i had already purchased a new battery i discovered the other one was completely dry..

Back