Clunking in front end??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IKONZls/vtec3

Hey i was wondering as im driving down the road now my car makes a clunking sound in the front end and gets louder as i put on the accelerator, it is a gsr hydro transmission on ls/vtec setup, my mechanic said it was the transmission other people tell me it could be the halfshaft, bc i can shift the transmission fine and even get on it good and goes into every gear, he said i musteve messed up the open differential in it or the spyder geears,...let me know if anyone has any heads up on this????

Wheel Bearing

Theres a good chance it could be a wheel bearing.
My Brothers just Started Going out, and its the same as you just said. As he gets faster, its a loud annoying clunk. Try taking a turn left and right, and if it gets louder when you turn a certain directions, its probabaly a bearing.
If thats the case its an easy fix

D

if i turn to the left seems like the right side goes weird or something, i just dont want to replace a transmission if it is not that, which i dont think it is, is there anyway to look at this to check without taking the wheels off?

to check the wheel bearing.. jack the front of the car up and make sure its secure... then grab the tire and move it back and forth to see if the wheel moves other than turning

Back