1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cluster and a/c

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Ignorant import guy, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Ignorant import guy

Ignorant import guy Senior Member

ok so i installed a new radio into my car, it's a double din dvd, nav, and all that good stuff, but anyways ever since i installed it my air conditioning, the fan stopped working and all of the backlighting for it and the cluster doesn't turn on like normal...now i can feel the typical amount of air coming through the vents just like the fan wasn't turned up at all but it won't turn up now...do you think this is a fuse or something when i put the radio in?

2. Kyle21nluvnit

Kyle21nluvnit New Member

There is a wire that goes to the head unit that lights it up when you turn on the lights. I would obviously check fuses first as thats the easiest thing. If that doesnt do it pull the head unit and see if you might have pinched a wire or something. I had a similar issue(my clock wouldnt light up after I put the head unit it) mine had some corrosion on a connector under the dash only letting 5.5V to the lights instead of the 12v needed. Good luck.

3. Ignorant import guy

is it the orange wire that says dimmer on it?Because that wire wasn't hooked up to my old aftermarket radio and stuff still worked....for the fuses i could use a diagram of the interior fuse box mine doesn't have one

4. Ignorant import guy

I checked both the fuses and for that wire and because my head unit is an lcd screen it didn't have a place for that dimmer wire. Could that be the cause of the loss of power to everything?

5. Kyle21nluvnit

Kyle21nluvnit New Member

The dimmer is a possibility but not likely if everything worked before. Check all your power wires, everything should be above 10V if it has power on the line. If you have less than 10V on the line than it wont have enough power to light things up. That is a parallel circuit I believe so if you pinched a wire and increased resistance it would make the lights go out in the cluster also. let me know about your power.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted