cluster swap and more

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93chaosdx

93dxowner
first thanks to all who have helped me in the past. i have a 93 civic dx and its about to have a b18c1 swap done. first question. what gauge cluster can i swap in to it so i have tach and other goodies, my fuel gauge and temp gauge are broke. question 2. if i do put cams in the c1 what company should i go with. and last question. exhaust i am debating between greddy evo2 and apexi n1. can i get some opinions an the better sound between the two
thanks

Im not a honda tech but I know you can put pretty much and cluster in it if you make it fit but the 92-95 should be a direct swap, I have seen a bunch of different cluster wiring pinouts(so you can mix and match clusters) for the sir's type R's ect.

from the looks, they are identical if you go junkyard hopping just look at the plugs if they are the same as yours it should plug right up. most manufacturers have a few different designs on pretty much every part of the car, mostly interior stuff, all the different options like leather vs vinyl seats(direct swap). cluster(direct swap 90 % of the time), optional dashboard clocks, Tilt steering wheels, adjustable mirrors vs the ones you push the glass around, Power windows vs manual windows (9 out of 10 would have all the wiring already in the doors). cars that are 2+2(back seat vs storage bins) the holes are all there seat bolts, seatbelt, storage container hold downs, all the holes are there

you can put the 92-95 EX or SI clusters in i have a 93 dx with a SI cluster you shouldnt need any wiring just plug n play the only plug you dont have in the dash wiring is a cruise control it will be a green female plug in the back of the guages you wont have to worry about that.

I just bought a EX cluster, as long as its 92-95 civic its plug and play, I got mine for 25 dollars which was a steal, check eBay they have tons, i went with the ex because my vtec will be kicking in at 6500 RPMs and that way when im in red im in vtec... Engine rev limit 9k and the cluster goes to 9k so its ideal for me in my opinion...

i ended up buying a jdm ej6 cluster, i liked the white face gauges so i ended up with that. hopefully it will be in soon, and hopefully the motor swap will be done here quickly!!!!

i would go with a tanabe exhaust. they sound amazing! very nice deep tone. my experience with the greddy and apexi is that they have a little more of a raspy tone to them.

Back