1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clutch adjustment

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by del-sol sir, Dec 12, 2006.

1. del-sol sir

del-sol sir New Member

Hi all, ive got a problem with my clutch engage/disengagement point. I have to release the clutch pedal almost all the way to the top before the car moves. Its same with engaging, i only have to press it in about 1/4 of the way down and can shift. Im sure its supposed to engage/disengage about an inch or two off the floor! I've bled the clutch about ten times. i've adjusted the push rod on the master cylinder to shorten/lengthen it but no difference. The slave cylinder moves in/out fine when pressing the clutch, i dont know what else to try! Any help is appreciated! Thx

2. turb2o_vtec

turb2o_vtec New Member

The clutch disengagement and engagement all depend on the clutch you are running. Stock clutch disengagement/ engagement should be in the center point. I use to have a xtd so call stage one clutch and it did the same thing as yours. Now I have a act and engage pretty low comparing to stock and the xtd clutch. So it could just be the clutch you are using.

3. del-sol sir

del-sol sir New Member

thx for the reply, it is an xtd so maybe its like that!

4. turb2o_vtec

turb2o_vtec New Member

YEAP..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted