clutch break in

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Iron 1

I know I've seen it on here before, but I can't find it now...
I just replaced my clutch, and was wondering how long I should wait until I can "romp" on it. I am thinking like around 500 miles of city driving? Is this right?

Originally posted by Advanced Clutch Technology
For organic street discs “00 and SS” we recommend breaking in the clutch for 200-300 miles with mild engagement such as stop and go city driving prior to racing or spirited driving. ACT race discs usually only require a few hard slips to lap in the surfaces prior to normal driving or racing. Do not overheat the clutch during the break in period.

hope that helps some

engage it properly for the first 500 and you should be fine, don't do the infamous noob power shifts

Originally posted by JDMilan@Dec 15 2003, 07:03 PM
engage it properly for the first 500 and you should be fine, don't do the infamous noob power shifts

or the mYsTeRiOuS double clutch upshift...bum bum bummmmm

you are correct sir,

300 should be fine, just baby it but if you want to be on the safe side go the full 500. your call on that one.

I can tell you one thing, its gonna be hard, i really have to stop shifting at 5500. hondas dont have nice low end torque, therefor your gonna hate ur car for 300-500 miles.

thats why we always recommend atleast getting a 1.8...hehe :D

HAHAH, i did too...LS, but I'll just try and keep the revs down, this is gonna be hard for me though, and im not gonna like it.

I put in a clutchmasters in my civic, didnt care about breaking it in, started getting on it within first 50 miles. Been a couple mths and like 1600 iles later and still pounding it. :)

I'm thinking of starting to romp on it, its been 250-300 miles. I just cant take it anymore, a foxbody mustang (prolly a V6) pulled up next to me...you know the deal, i took it easy shiftin at 4k.

Back