clutch cable not fitting right

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey everyone,
I have a 90 crx with a b18 swap and an s1 tranny. I bought the clutch cable for an 90-93 integra and it doesn't fit right. The adjuster is maxed out and I even had to pull the lever arm on the tranny with a prybar to slip on the cable end... I don't think this is how its suppose to be as the cable is still under a little tension.
I'm wondering if maybe the clutch/flywheel combo is having something to do with this, but I'm not sure. I'm sure I put on the throwout bearing on correctly along with the clutch... has anyone else had this problem!??

I'm gonna go to a junk yard and scratch my head looking at some tegs.. I have no frigging clue... I'm almost temped to rip apart the tranny and make sure I did everythink ok...

That's normal. Once it's adjusted all the way out, it will still be about 1/2" too short LOOKING, but it works fine. As long as there's enough adjsutment to have the clutch engage about 1/2 to 3/4 up the pedal range, your good to go.

I had to go as far as taking the bracket off the tranny partially, threading in the cable, then tightening the bracket back down... That was with the stock cable, and then even witht he replacement 90-91 teg cable I bought later.

Back