clutch cable to short for ls trans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smashed4thgen

i just started hooking everything up on my new swap..then i realized my clutch cable is to short how can i fix this short of buying a new cable?its only short by like and inch...
thanks
mike d

you can do some monster garage work on it...hehe..i did a swap on my crx and i got a cable that was too short so i cut a section out of it at the top of the threaded part(just dont cut the cable)its a tough job but its possible...i would just find out the cable you need and get a new one or used one

is it too short or do you just have to pull the clutch arm up? un route the clutch cable and put it on then route it.

-joseph

you will probably be better off finding a cable that will fit,ask around. what kind of car do you have again? and motor?sorry too tired to recheck the post

This happened to me. You've got two choices with the stock cable... Well, now that I mention it, I had to finagle the LS cable I recently bought, as well. ;)

1. Unbolt the cable bracket from the tranny, put the cable through it, and in the clutch actuator arm, and bolt it back down. Voila.

2. Put a floorjack and a block of wood or something under the clutch actuator arm, and jack it up enough to get the cable installed. Let the jack down. Voila.

just buy a 90-93 integra clutch and throttle cable's, casue the stock ones will both be to short.

we took the cable bracket off the trans, flipped it over upside-down, and bolted it back to the trans, only using 2 of the bolts... it gets it down where you need it

What kind of swap are you doing?? my B16 with Y1 LSD swap into a 89 Si Hatch used the stock clutch cable which fit perfectly.

Back