Clutch Cable

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bl6CRX

Hey i got a b16 in a 91 CRX hf and I was just wondering how you know how to adjust the clutch cable, i had a bad bracket on there and the tension would vary so I replaced the bracket, but im not sure how much i should tighten or loosen the adjuster, i kinda have noticed my car not shifting as smoothly, im not surer if this is related or not though, thanks guys

make sure the cable is not so tight that its pulling the clutch arm up before you push the pedal down..im not sure but you probably need to try dif settings

good question pro.to adjust the cable theres a knob near the end of the cable its what sits right above the bracket.turn it clockwise to tighten it and the other way to loosen it

and if ur asking for WHEN to adjust it, most of that is just feel, as long as you can shift with no grinding, jumping, or bad noises your fine. its just getting the rigt responce and placement on your pedal.

yeah thats the thing, it seems to be grinding more, like my sycros are going out...would then i need to tighten it or loosen it?

Back