clutch change

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redef91

im changing my clutch on my 93 integra. should i resurface the flywheel or just throw the knew clutch in. and how do i break in the cluch. :confused: :confused:

depends on how the surface looks. If there are shallow grooves ( and I'm talking thousandths) take it and have it resurfaced. If there are deep grooves buy new one.

Its always worth it to surface it, I wont do a clutch job with resurfacing. There is wear that cant hardly even be seen by the eye. If you want your clutch to engage smoothly, grab the most, and last the longest do it!!

Always have your flywheel resurfaced when you change your clutch out. It's a pain, but it's worth it.

There are two schools for breaking a clutch in. The standard schools says to baby the clutch for 500 miles. The other school says to break the clutch in like you're bedding brake pads or breaking a new engine in. Don't bog the engine, no high RPM/near redline shifts, no burnouts, or anything like that. Some say that a hard break-in shortens life and others say that the clutch plate is a friction surface just like brake pads. You don't baby brakes for 500 miles. You bed them in immediately and drive your car like normal.

I broke my new clutch and flywheel in at the same time I broke my engine in, using this street method.
Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

^ Im with him. ;)

Back