clutch differences

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chacal06

Ok I'm having hard time picking out a clutch because I'm kind of confused I hear some stuff about 6 puck no string or something like that not sure.....I was gonna get stage 2 but I'm not sure...can someone explain a lil bit more to me

6 puck no SPRING. Which you DON'T want for street driving. What are you going to use the car for? A puck clutch of any count is serious overkill for most street driven applications.

why do u want a 6 puck clutch? are u replacing a stock one? are u going to modify your car? the kind of clutch u need depends on your goals, not just bc its "sounds cool". lol

Well I am goin to use it for street and yeah I'm replacing my stock clutch....I just hear some stuff about 6 puck but I didn't kno what it was....I was thinkin of getting stage 2 or stage 3 clutch I want to improve my car I don't kno if any of those stages are 6 puck

Well I kno exedy they are cheap in price but I heard nothing but good from it....so I guess I have to look into what they r in their website...I thought they were all the same

is your car near stock? unless its boosted or seriously built all motor you dont need any kind of puck clutch. I have had good experience with exedy, act, and clutchmasters. just do your research before you buy and dont get caught up in what "stage" a clutch is. unsprung clutch discs are very rough and are good for racing only.

what i have on my car now is the ACT HD pressure plate, performance street disc, and streetlight 12.5 lb flywheel. it might be overkill for a near stock car, but it has great feel and grabs like crazy, even with all the torque my car puts down.

I have lsvtec with performance pistons...mugen cam gears, headers, cold air intake type r manifold, 3 inch stright pipe...that's about all the performance I've done...maybe I put a small turbo not really sure...but yeah I want something good to drive in the streets and also mess around with

Competition Clutch has been real good for me,"stage 4"6 puck with springs,daily driver and great for agressive street and has stood up very well at Gainesville raceway,11.80 and stiil drove it there and back home.Do your research and make an informed decision.Make sure to have the flywheel machined and you will do fine.

Back